Super Contributor.. Charles L. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Button not functioning in a website in TruClient's browser

I am using TruClient (specifically Chromium) in VuGen 12.53.

Currently, there is a specific webiste where I need to select 1 or more options, so that the button would be changed from disabled to enabled. It would proceed to load the website with the calculation result.

From

<button _ngcontent-c8="" class="btn btn-primary disabled" type="button" hp_trak_click="1">
    <span _ngcontent-c8="" dcrhtmlkey="RUN_TAX_ANALYSIS">See Results</span>
   </button>

To

<button _ngcontent-c8="" class="btn btn-primary" type="button" hp_trak_click="1">
    <span _ngcontent-c8="" dcrhtmlkey="RUN_TAX_ANALYSIS">See Results</span>
   </button>

This works fine in my computer's browsers (IE, FF and Chrome). However, in the TruClient, the button's status would not change at all. It would stay disabled, and would definitely not redirect to the calculation result website.

However, strangely, when I made the selection and right click to choose Inspect Element, the browser would then proceed to enable the button.. However, clicking the button would not rediect me to the calculation result. But, again, when I close the Developer Tools window, it would redirect to the calculation result automatically.

Is there anyone experiencing this kind of behaviour before? How you solve this issue?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Button not functioning in a website in TruClient's browser

Not sure what makes the button active, it might become active when you hover over the button. This kind of action is sometimes hard to get right (like unfolding menus). I use in that case some 'JS on Object' to change the state (e.g. class) of the object (in your case the button).

Identify the Button in the 'Object' section and change the object in the 'Argument' section and reference it as 'object.'

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.