Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
valery Contributor.
Contributor.

CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\temp\loa

I am new to LoadRunner. I try to go through the WebTours tutorial. But recorded script gives my the error:

Error: CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\temp\loadrunnerscripts\basic_tutorial\\pre_cci.c: Permission denied.
Error: Vuser compilation failed. Please set CCIDebug to Off in CCI section of mdrv.dat file.
Warning: Extension cciext.dll reports error -19797 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize
Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread context wasn't initialized on this thread.

Can somebody help me to resolve the issue please?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\temp

This error looks like an internal error that should not happen. You might try to start VuGen (Virtual User Generator) as Administrator and try again.

0 Likes
valery Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\temp

Thank you for the suggestion. I tryed to run VuGen (Virtual User Generator) as Administrator and experienced the same problem. 

Could the error be realted to the system set up? 

I would apreasiate any help on the issue since it stop me completely. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Did you only install VuGen or the complete setup (VuGen, Controller and Analysis)? I noticed issues with installing only VuGen.

The only advice I can give is to reinstall Loadrunner and reboot at least two times between uninstall and after install.

0 Likes
valery Contributor.
Contributor.

I installed complete package.

I will try to reinstall. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
Serg88
New Member.

Hi all,

i have same problem after recording, i can not run the script.

Error: CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\users\serg\documents\vugen\scripts\webhttphtml3\\pre_cci.c: Permission denied.
Error: Vuser compilation failed. Please set CCIDebug to Off in CCI section of mdrv.dat file.
Warning: Extension cciext.dll reports error -19797 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize
Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread context wasn't initialized on this thread.

What is a problem and what can i do for solution???

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

I am also facing the same issue.

I tried changing permission by giving full access of pre_cci file to my user then script worked for few mins and suddendly started giving same error.

Has anyone found permenent solution for this?

0 Likes

Interesting observation. This file is a temporary file and generated again when your script is compiled again. So the file gets created with the wrong permissions (look like). Most of time file permissions are inherrited from the containing folder. Try to change the permissions of the containing folder and set them open (delete the pre_cci file) and try again.

Because multiple users have this issue, it is very interesting to learn what permissions are on the folder and what permissions should be on the folder to let LR work. Can you supply detailed information about this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.