Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Aishwariya Bhav Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can web_reg_find be used with web_service_call or not

I tried adding a string check using web_reg_find for a web_Service_call step but the script aborts after the 1st iteration, and does not continue replay, when this is done. When the web_reg_find step is commented-out, the script replays without any issues. When the script was convered to a web_custom_request it works with the web_reg_find. So my question is - Can web_reg_find be used with web_service_call or not?

Thanks,

Aish

0 Likes
5 Replies
Asifzam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can web_reg_find be used with web_service_call or not

Hi Aish

When you add a text check to a Web Vuser script, VuGen adds a web_reg_find function to the script. This function registers a search for a text string in an HTML page.

Note: If you are working with a concurrent functions group, the web_reg_find function is executed only at the end of the grouping.

web_reg_find("Text=Welcome", "Fail=Found", LAST); web_url("Step", "URL=...", LAST);

In the following example, the web_reg_find function searches for the text string "Welcome". If the string is not found, the next action function fails and the script execution stops.

You can try functions for searching for text:

• web_find

• web_global_verification

Thanks

Asif

0 Likes
Aishwariya Bhav Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Asif,

So can web_reg_find only be used with 'Web' Vuser and not 'Web Services' Vuser?

I am seeing that when using the web_reg_find function with a web_service_call the script aborts after the first iteration, but commenting out the function allows the replay to continue. Is this function not compatible with a soap or web_service_call step?

Thanks,

Aish

0 Likes
Asifzam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Aish

"web_reg_find function" while you iterate it stops. what is the error message you getting in your logs?

check the error messages in logs and post it here.

Thanks

Asif

0 Likes
Highlighted
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi All,

Did anyone find the solution for this question? I too had the same problem.

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Likes
jayp1
Visitor.

As of i understand you try to capture text and verify that response text should be same as defined in web_red_find function. If it is correct then perform below steps:

1) First extract data from the response and save it as a parameter by using web_reg_save_param function.

2) Then verify the response of  request  by using the web_reg_find function. This allows the specification of text that must be matched within the response text.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.