Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Controller: doubt about Goal-Oriented Scenario

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I've a doubt about "Goal-Oriented Scenario": the scenario is configured as below,

clipboard_image_1.png

so I've setted "0,4" as target for "nomeChiamata" transaction in Transactions Per Second type, with a scaling of 4-90 Vusers and a duration of 15 minutes. 

After 2:30 minutes, the scenario stopped without pop-up messages, so like a successfull ending...but the TPS of "nomeChiamata" transaction is 0,3 seconds! 

clipboard_image_2.png

My question is: how can I handle correctly this type of scenario?

Thanks for any help or additional information about this topic,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Controller: doubt about Goal-Oriented Scenario

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo, (@lb1),

I never worked with this type of scenario, but a few observations/questions might help you:

- What I miss in the scenario configuration is how long the target transactions/sec should be maintained before success claimed.

- In the Run overview, you selected the 'Whole Scenario', I think to know that this has an impact on the representation of transaction statistics. When you have a look to the bold blue graph, you see that your target of 0.4 is indeed reached for some time. I think that when you change the view to last minute (or alike) that the Avg column of your transaction will also nicely state 0.4 sec.

Success,

Erik

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo, (@lb1),

I never worked with this type of scenario, but a few observations/questions might help you:

- What I miss in the scenario configuration is how long the target transactions/sec should be maintained before success claimed.

- In the Run overview, you selected the 'Whole Scenario', I think to know that this has an impact on the representation of transaction statistics. When you have a look to the bold blue graph, you see that your target of 0.4 is indeed reached for some time. I think that when you change the view to last minute (or alike) that the Avg column of your transaction will also nicely state 0.4 sec.

Success,

Erik

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

thanks for your response. You're right when you say that, watching the Controller's graph, the TPS seems reached. I expected that the goal of 0,4 TPS has be reached like Average metric, but it's not: if I see all the Transactions Per Second graph there is a max of 0,75 so the goal is reached. 

Thanks again!
Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.