Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
H3nry Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Controller error reading directory compression stream MERR-51980

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to run a simple scenario with 20 VU on a remote generator:

-51980 Error: Mercury File Transfer: Error in reading directory C:\projects\ecm-ce compression stream. rc = -1.    [MsgId: MERR-51980]    [MsgId: MERR-51980]

Directory C:\projects\ecm-ce is used by the script and is defined in the Group Information -> Files tab. I verified the directory is available and accessible locally.

Increasing the trace level results in the following output window:

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Controller error reading directory compression stream MERR-51980

What is the weight of this folder?

Did you solve this issue by now?

0 Likes
Highlighted
H3nry Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately I have no information about the weight of the folder anymore because I deleted it a long time ago.

I gave up on this error soon after it occurred and started anew with a different test strategy allowing me to steer clear of this problem and I've never seen it occur again so far.

0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I understand....

For what it is worth, I believe it might be related to size of the folder. If it was very big (e.g. >500MB) then LoadRunner might fail on timeout while trasfering the files from the Controller to the Load Geneator.

The user case in itself is interesting... I think there are other ways to handle something like that, as you already figured out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.