Highlighted
lrperformance24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Correlation

Hello All,

I am facing a weird issue in which i am trying to capture a dynamic id which is sent by the server. The issue is that this dynamic id is being created in the extrares and i am not able to capture this value no matter what i try. I have tried several boundaries as well as placed the parameter in the the request earlier than the value but it does not capture the value.

Also, i have used the same correlation earlier in the script and it works but unfortunately the value which i need to be captured is not being returned.

Does someone have a way where i can capture this value?

Thanks.

4 Replies
KMadan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Correlation

You may try to regenerate the script in URL mode and capture the same.

Absent Member.. bighead337 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You should still be able to capture it even if it's from a Extrares. If you want to, you can simply comment out the line in the Extrares and then create a new web_url function (with resource=1) and the capture it directly from there.
0 Likes
Ajay_U Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

what is impact of resource=1 and resource=0 in web_url function?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. bighead337 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It treats the URL as if it was downloading a resource (.png, .js) vs a HTML page. Besides other things, Vugen will not parse a resource and run time settings by default do not fail when there's an issue downloading a resource.

The fact that it is in the extrares means it's a resource.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.