Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Creating a Vugen script using Template

Hello everyone,

I want to know how we can create vugen script using template. Suppose i have a Tru-client script in which i have implemented some javacsript logic and  logic to write data to a file and now i want to use the same logic in all the script using some kind of template. Is that possible if yes plz help me out.

I am referring to the below document but not able to create file using template as i am not seeing any options.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/104250_t_how_to_create_templates.htm.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Creating a Vugen script using Template

When I read the page you refer to, I see a Template as the basis for developing a new script. But if you have already scripts that you like to let use (parts of) a template, that will not work.

You are more looking for a library with TruClient you might read TruClient Functions and Libraries

0 Likes
Highlighted
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

yes i have a script which i want to use as a template for other script. My main aim is to copy all the logics ( javascript logics for error handling and writing texts to file)  which i have used in my script to all other new scripts which i will be creating.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Do you not see the options as discussed in the artical? I do see them and I'm at 12.55.

It seems to work. I tested it a bit and noticed that when you make a template, it makes a copy of your project inclusive all the junk that is not needed to run your code (temp-data). So best before you make a template is to use the step:

File -> Manage Zip Files -> Export to Zip and then select 'Runtime files'.

Unpack the zip again and make from that your template. It will be clean.

This is a kind of design flaw of the Template generation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.