Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Difference between web_submit_data and web_submit_form

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please help me out with the difference between the above web functions. I have gone through few articles but didn't get any clear picture of that. Any help with examples is much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Difference between web_submit_data and web_submit_form

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the artcilces and what i understand is both the functions are used to submit the form but my qusetion is while recording in vugen sometimes web_submit_data will get recorded and sometimes web_submit_form . so on what criteria they are recorded?

Any help on this .

Thanks.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Difference between web_submit_data and web_submit_form

When you put the "General Information" sections next to each other you will notice a number of differences. web_submit_form() is limited to HTML-based recording (so no URL-based). "The web_submit_form() function may be executed only in the context of a previous operation." This implies that a real web form has to be loaded in one of the previous actions. It can automatically identify hidden fields based on patterns. So it is tight closely to the HTML based parser that recognizes forms on web pages.

The above is not true for web_sumit_data(), so it has more freedom of use, but you need to do more work when variable-named hidden fields are used. I guess it will be recorded as result of e.g. a java-script action etc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.