Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
George Malik
New Member.

Extract raw data from LR analysis using Analysis API or MS Access mdb file

I have created an application to analyze LoadRunner test results from LRR or LRA analysis files using Analysis API. I am able to retrieve data from available graphs, filter it process it based on granularity interval.

I'd like to retrieve raw transactional data (transaction name, start time, duration) and calculate (90th) percentile. Is it possible to get this data usin LR Analysis API? How can the transactional data be retrieved from MS Access or SQL server database files?

0 Likes
14 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Extract raw data from LR analysis using Analysis API or MS Access mdb file

Unfortunately the Analysis API functionality does not provide the option of retreiving the raw transactional data.

You can use the database file to extract the data, more precisely you should use the Event_meter table which contains raw data on all the events and the Event_map table which provides the type and name of each event. The two tables are linked via the Event ID column.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to assist.

linzy114 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can we directly get Graphs(Image) from the result files calling Analysis.API on .NET?

0 Likes

You can't extract the built graph (as a image or any other format) but you have access to all the data needed for building it.

In each Analysis session there are runs with all the available graphs. Each graph contains series made out of points that represent the coordinates needed for building the graph.

linzy114 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,loan_Rus

You say that we can use the database file to extract the raw data.

Can you tell me that how to use the database file from Analysis API ? 

0 Likes

You can work with the database file directly to extract raw data. I'll give you a pdf file explaining the structure of the database file that should give you enough information to properly use it. Please take into account the selected database in the Analysis options. Here is the link to download this file : https://ufile.io/9af8e

From the API you can get some information but for raw data you should use the database file.

Also, you cannot use the database file from the API, you have to access it yourself in your solution.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

raj_saggi Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi 

Do you have any program to extract the Lr Analysis data Like Suppery report and graphs based on the used templet to a excel file.

If not can you share some knowledge, with an example to help me.

thanks,

Rajarshee

0 Likes
manubharath
Visitor.

The provided link is expired. Could you please share the Analysis DB file structure PDF again.

0 Likes
ayyasaran
New Member.

Hi,

The download link is not valid anymore. Is there anyway you can share this file once again?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello

Here is the file as requested.

Have a nice day !

perftestben
New Member.

Hi  Ioan_Rus

Thanks for that very useful file.

I wonder if you can shed some light on why we might see multiple Event_Meter entries, each with EventInstanceID values, that appear to represent the same transaction?

In my case we're using TruClient. I would expect to see a one-to-one relationship between transactions and entries in Event_Meter, but in this case I see five rows for each transaction. The data in each row of Event_Meter is identical except for the EventInstanceID field, and the EndTime value (which, suspiciously, increases by one for every for every row.

Try as I have, I can't figure out how to combine these fives rows into a single transaction sample: There doesn't appear to be anything I can group on which will give me a one-row-per-transaction.

For what it's worth LRA seems to be confused by this, too: Winding the granularity down to one second and zooming in, I can see that there are actually five separate samples being plotted in the Average Response Time chart. The min/max etc come out correct, but the "transactions per second" chart seems to be wrong, plotting 0.2 tps rather than 1 tps (which I assume is the ACount value, which is 0.2 and I assume that's the case because these five nearly-identical samples are almost the same thing).

Anything you can suggest to assist in making this a bit more straightforward to analyze in tools other than LRA?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
saravanansriniv Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Any API is vailable to extract the reports in excel format

0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can use Analysis API for that. LoadRunner has a sample application under the product folder that shows how to use it. You can export graph data to CSV or generate report and export it to Excel,

In LoadRunner 12.60 we have introduced the capability to export raw results to a JSON format or to InfluxDB. That can be done using a simple command line.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Contributor.. GaneshJoe Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Shlomi- can we leverage this expoter tool for PC 12.53 version of results?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @GaneshJoe,

Sorry, it is impossible to port it back to 12.53. The Exporter utility relies on several 12.60 libraries that exist in LoadRunner bin folder. Overriding the 12.53 copy might cause functional issues in 12.53.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.