Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
rdachows Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Has anyone noticed an IMMEDIATE HIGH CPU usage when using the Truclient protocol on Version 12.63?

During August of 2019, I had been running a Truclient Chrome script with 10 Vusers and with TLS 1.2 specified in this script's run time settings on Version 12.57 of the Controller software. I was able to run with 10 Vusers for over an hour with no issue related to CPU usage. This same statement also applies if I ran the same Truclient Chrome script on any of my Load Generator systems.

All of my test systems are running with Intel I7 processors running  at 3.6 GHZ, with 32 gigabytes of memory and 500 gigabytes of local SSD storage on Windows 10 build level 1803.

Just this past weekend, I tried to run the same Truclient Chrome script with 10 Vusers and with TLS 1.2 specified in this script's run time settings on Version 12.63 of the Controller software, Unfortunately,  as these 10 Vusers are being ramped up at a rate of 1 Vuser every 3 seconds, the CPU usage jumps to over 95% by the time the 8th Vuser has been added. As a result of the high CPU usage, the Controller issues many error messages complaining that the 80% CPU usage threshold has been exceeded. These messages will continue to be generated as long as this Truclient script is being run. Such behavior PREVENTS and worhwthile usage of this Truclient Chrome script.

Why would there be such as major difference in the amount of CPU being used in Version 12.63 of the Controller versus Version 12.57 of the Controller? Now that version 12.5X is out of support, this issue is even more important to be resolved.

On version 12.57 of the Controller, there was a similar problem when running a WEB-HTML script which specified the TLS 1.2 security protocol. This problem was fixed by a HOT FIX from Loadrunner Technical Support. However, this problem is different since it is happening with a Truclient Chrome script (it may fail with any type of Truclient script).and not a WEB-HTML script.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem with the Truclient software on Version 12.63 of the Controller software or Version 12.63 of the Load Generator software?

If so, please reply to this post. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Visitor.. Tomasz_W
Visitor..

Re: Has anyone noticed an IMMEDIATE HIGH CPU usage when using the Truclient protocol on Version 12.6

I just updated and got the same issue. Before I had no issue running 20 TruClient Vusers on my LGs but right now just 3 users are using above 80% CPU.

The scripts are run in chrome and I tried both SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.2

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Has anyone noticed an IMMEDIATE HIGH CPU usage when using the Truclient protocol on Version 12.6

TruClient is rather new and with each version of LR things changes. It might be that a few steps of your script are not that compatible. You might try to run your script in VuGen and watch CPU. That might learn which steps are responsible for the high CPU and you might be able to replace them.

I've in the past rerecorded a TC script after upgrading LR to get it work again (it was not high CPU).

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.