Highlighted
Absent Member.. Mark_Ferguson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How backwards compatible is the LR agent process?

I've got a LR8 controller and I'm looking to add a couple of boxes to the load generator pool. They already exist and are set up for LR11.5. I was about to upgrade them to 11.51 but this one-off extra piece of work has come up. So, the options are; just use them with LR8 and the current LR11.5 agent; upgrade anyway and use LR8 controller with LR11.51 agent; downgrade the boxes to LR8 (which means having to upgrade again)

Any thoughts anyone? I could run some tests but if anyone has done this before and give a heads up on the situation it would save me a bit of time fiddling about unnecessarily.

For additional info, in case anyone is curious, we have two licensed controllers, one at LR8 and out of maintenance and a fully maintained LR11.51 installation, each has their own set of load generators. For old tests, we use the LR8 kit and can then run two projects at the same time. However, the injector boxes I need to use are on a different network segment and have to be accessed over the firewall and were last used by the LR11.5 kit, hence have the 11.5 agents on them. I'd rather avoid a downgrade/upgrade cycle if I possibly can.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Editus Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How backwards compatible is the LR agent process?

Hi
This situation you describe makes your company to be violating the license agreement, if you company only purchased 1 controller that is all you can have.

And regarding to your question, no they will not work, there is no backward compatibility, all components must have the same versions and even the same patches.

Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.