Highlighted
nikhilmishra_28 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How does CHROME caching behave in LR-Truclient Protcol?

Hi Team,

How does CHROME caching behave in LR-Truclient Protcol? 
a. Does it stores the files in disk or in browser memory for every new user?

b. Is cacing automatically disabled or enabled in CHROMIUM like I.E Browser(refer screenshot for I.E)?

c. Also, For 1st iteration does it carry forwards files from one page to the another(if required) or does it totally downloads new files going on the next page.?

Anitcipating a explained behaviour of CHROME caching in TRUCLIENT .
IE caching.PNG

Best Regards,
Nikhil

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How does CHROME caching behave in LR-Truclient Protcol?

Hi,

TruClient runs Chromium in incognito mode. Each Vuser runs in its' own Chromium instance hence non of the Vusers share cache between them and non of the Vusers have prior cache when the run starts.

While the Vuser is running and performing operations, the browser caches data in memory, not on the disk (since it runs in incognito mode). When a new iteration starts, TruClient resets the cache state by default, by re-applying incognito mode. The user can control this behavior by turnning off "Simulate a new user" in the replay section of the RTS

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for replying to my query.

The answers you provided looks correct for the iteration behaviour, except  :
While the Vuser is running and performing operations, the browser caches data in memory, not on the disk (since it runs in incognito mode)

- I would want to disagree with this statement as I  ran couple of steps from LR - Truclient & recorded the files through fiddler(refer screenshot for same files getting downloaded again b/w pages); could not see CHROMIUM saving the files in memory for next page. Infact it downloads all the content again (same data size.)Fiddler2nd iteration.PNGFiddler1st iteration.PNGChrome 2nditeration.PNG

Since, in real world scenario, considering caching enabled in chrome(1st session) & user not deliberatly disabling the cache; the files (even in incognito mode) would get pulled from disk(refer screenshot). Would not consider Truclient simulation to be of similar behaviour. 

It has to save files in memory b/w 2 pages and carry forward the same to provide realistic response time measurements. I hope i am able to make sense. If yes, can we do something about it?

Regards,
Nikhil Mishra

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You are right about the files being saved in Chromium user profile folder .

You can avoid the overhead of static resource download by turning of "Simulate new user" in the script run time settings.

the resources will be downloaded once in the first iteration and won't be downloaded again in subsquent ones.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

By turning off " Simulate new user" we are affecting the multiple iteration behaviour of the user. 

I am intrested in same iteration, on clicking next page, does the files download again( if already downloaded on 1st page),  

Say a business flow consits of 5 steps, and a file of 14kb is downloaded on launch page itself which will be used till 5th step. Does that file will be saved  temporarily in browser memory and used throughout the flow or will be downloaded from network again & again with every new step within the same iteration ?

Thanks
Nikhil

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Nikhil,

That depends on how the browser treat it.  TruClient has no special logic around it.

You can examine the behavior in Chrome in Incongnito mode and compare to TruClient Chromium. It should be the same. If not, please raise it here.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Well, that is what I am trying to compare and debug for days.

Checking from Chrome devloper tools, the incognito mode takes the files from browser itself, and unfortunately TruClient does not allow developer tool to perform and view network files in interactive mode. So ,what is the way to verify from CHROMIUM end?

I believe it must behave similar to normal chrome, i can only compare via average respone time

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Nikhil,

TruClient does not modify the native behavior of the browser cache. You can compare Chrome and TC Chromium both in incognito using a sniffer.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for this info. Also, can I request you to launch perf.resume-now.com from your local host and check the time response time for DOM Content loaded for 1st two pages. I always see a deflection in response time when using DOM content loaded option in TruClient protocol. The deflection b/w Truclient controller and browser is about 1-1.5 sec.

Steps:

RN_S01_T01_LaunchApplication
RN_S01_T02_Clk_CreateResume

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.