Highlighted
Chandu507 Contributor.
Contributor.

How to execute Oracle statements apart from Select, Insert, delete and update using Lr_Db ?

Hi,

I am trying to script few of the Oracle statements using Vugen Webservice lr_db_(*) statements.

I am successfully able to execute all the Select, Delete, Update and Insert statements but I am unable to execute any other statements like Variable email CHAR.

I want to create few bind variable using Vugen script. PFA.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to execute Oracle statements apart from Select, Insert, delete and update using Lr_Db ?

I expect that the LR DB interface is not the same as oracle's SQL*PLUS interface that supports pl/sql. You might try to define functions or procedures to cover your oracle code and call them via LR's DB interface.

Chandu507 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: How to execute Oracle statements apart from Select, Insert, delete and update using Lr_Db ?

Hello Remmelzwaal,

Thanks for your input.

I am also trying for a solution similar to what you have suggested. Currently, I am able to write a procedure which does the Oracle code job but the only way to execute a procedure is to use EXEC command.

Can you please let me know what Lr_DB funcations can be utilized to call the funcations/procedures in LR Vugen.

Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The LR api is very limited the only function you can use is lr_db_executeSQLStatement().

Note: when you only what to script Oracle access and use some lr_* functions, you might consider to use Java Vuser script an use oracle's jdbc jar file. You need slightly more code but have more control on how oracle is accessed. The lr_db_* API seems to work with resultssets, that implies (imho) a client side cursor and that migth be difficult when you want to loop over large tables.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.