EricHuang97
New Member.

How to fix corrupted TruClient Web - IE script

Hi There,

I am using LR VuGen v12.50 TruClient Web - IE protocol to create a script. After running the script a few iterations with the TruClient Browser, the browser was hung, I had to kill the TcWebIELauncher.exe process to stop the script running. But then when I re-launched the TruClient Browser it says 'Load failed' and nothing was displayed in the browser. I closed the TruClient Browser and ran the script on VuGen itself, the following error is returned.

The script seems to be corrupted. Does anyone know how to fix this by looking at this error? I really don't want to rescipt the transaction as it's a lengthy and complicated transaction.

Thanks!

t=00001276ms: Error -205177: APIError: Unknown_Error error number:0
undefined
Exception in ScriptLocalPersistence addin - readScript Snapshot Info [MSH undefined 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]
t=00001277ms: Error -205177: TypeError: Unable to get property 'Handlers' of undefined or null reference
undefined
While calling handlers in TC_NS.RuleEngine dispatch, event=[TC_NS.Event type="TC.startRunLogic" target="[object Object]"], handler=
function() {
var steps = TC_NS.find("xpath:step[@type='handler' and @global]", TC_NS.Step.sections["Handlers"]);
for (var i = 0; i < steps.length; i++) {
if (!steps[i].disabled) {
startedGlobalEventHandlers.push(steps[i]);
steps[i].start(null, false, true);
}
}
} Snapshot Info [MSH undefined 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]
t=00001284ms: Error -205177: Action step:Init Blockdoes not exist in the script
undefined
While calling handlers in TC_NS.RuleEngine dispatch, event=[TC_NS.Event type="TC.runTopBlock" target="[object Object]"], handler=
function (e) {
var runlogicStep = TC_NS.find("xpath:descendant::step[@type='runLogic']", TC_NS.Step.steps);
var actionStep = TC_NS.find("xpath:child::step[@action='" + e.actionName + "']", runlogicStep)[0];
if (!actionStep)
throw "Action step:" + e.actionName + "does not exist in the script";

TC_NS.Query(actionStep).addOnetimeEventListener("step/end", function (endE) {
// Set parameters from TC.endTopBlock
var event_args = { actionName: e.actionName };
Object.extendWithoutOverwrite(event_args, endE);
TC_NS.Event.dispatch("TC.endTopBlock", {}, event_args);
});
setTimeout(function () {
actionStep.start();
}, 0);
} Snapshot Info [MSH undefined 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]

0 Likes
13 Replies
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to fix corrupted TruClient Web - IE script

Hello,

Please send me the script and I will try to to recover it for you. mail it to shlomi.nissim@hpe.com

I also suggest opening a support ticket if the crash you experienced happens again.

Regards.

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Randy Stevenson Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Shlomi -

I was pleased to see that you are still "the man" with Ajax TruClient. I had to smile when I saw your conversation...

I am having the exact same problem myself right now, except I am using LoadRunner 12.02 Ajax TruClient IE. I am getting "Load failed" in Develop Script mode and almost exactly the same error when I run from inside VUGen.

I have opened a Service Request (#4652716054) with HP and am currently working with Gustavo Torres to try to find a resolution. However, if you know of a way to repair the apparently corrupt files, please let me know.

Thanks,

Randy Stevenson

Deere & Company

+1 (563) 723-2204

Randy at Deere
0 Likes
raydejongh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a solution to all this? I too suffer from corrupt scripts. And it is driving me crazy!

Update: I just found out that when I compare a previous version of my script (v1) (which can be openend) and the current version (v2) of the script (which can not be openend), i see an important difference. In v1 there is a default.xml, while that one is (almost) empty in v2. 

For now: save save save save save save! (and hope for the best)

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi raydejongh,

I would appreciate if you open a support case so we can handle that. We do not have a solution yet since this issue is not reproducible in house in our lab and we didn't succeed reproducing it with any customer either.

If you know how to reproduce it please mention it to the support team

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Divya27 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I'm facing the same issue on BPM when trying to run a Ajax Truclient script.

Is there a workaround identified yet ?

Acclaimed Contributor.

Please open a support ticket and let HPE experts assist you with it.

The workaround requires manually editing the script file

Regards,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
techshivam Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Is there a fix for this problem ? Please share if you know it already .

Thanks,

Shivam

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The majority of the cases I have seen were caused by the user when trying to run a script that was editted in version higher than the one in which it is executed. That causes a failure since the older version is not "familiar" with the model of the newer one.

There was one real corruption issue caused by a bug. That was solved in 12.55

Which version are you using?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
techshivam Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI Shlomi,

I am using v12.55

My Personal Observation of this situation: Script usually get corrupted in process of saving while any step is stuck either on waiting for object or while waiting for network, & if you close the script when the process hanged! - "Not always true, observed with TC- IE only, when script is bit detailed, when more than 20-25 steps."

I am just interested to know, how to recover the default.xml in case of corruption. Can this be manually achieved ?
If yes, can you please share the steps required ?

Thanks,
TS
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Gerrie_2 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi

Is there a solution for this as yet?

I have prepared my script in LR 12.55 and encountering the same problem.

Can you please share what needs to be manually edited in order for us to update ourselves?

The weird thing is that this seems like the session is not ended after a couple of iterations which leads to the error for not establishing a new connection with a new user.

Below is more detail on the error displayed.

t=00665757ms: Error -205177: TypeError: Unable to get property 'document' of undefined or null reference
undefined
While calling handlers in TC_NS.RuleEngine dispatch, event=[TC_NS.Event type="TC.restartUser" target="[object Object]"], handler=
function(e){ TC_NS.NewUserSimulator.restartUser(e.clearGlobal, e.callback,
e.initiator, e.iterNum); } Snapshot Info [MSH 7 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]
t=01561767ms: Error -205177: IPC connection to browser process is lost [MsgId: MERR-205177]

Regards

Gerrie Holtzhausen

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Gerrie,

Please open a support ticket and share with me a copy of the script.

It will help if you elaborate how soon you reached into this situation and whether you tried replaying the script in other browsers as well.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. w_cruice Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Same problem here.

Script works fine in VU Gen, but even creating a new scenario with a backup copy of the script, from a new location, the script is DOA.

++++++  Error message from Controller, running a single user  ++++

t=00005697ms: Error -205177: TypeError: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
undefined
While calling handlers in TC_NS.RuleEngine dispatch, event=[TC_NS.Event type="TC.refreshSettings" target="[object Object]"], handler=
function(){
  window.TC_NS.URLFilterSettings.resetFilters();
 }       Snapshot Info [MSH undefined 0]    [MsgId: MERR-205177]

+++++++++

This occurs twice, and the user then hangs.

It would be great if we could edit the underlying files ourselves, I don't see how the guts of the tool is IP when we can edit the .h files anyway.

Fun notes:

- We're not allowed to upload the files.

- No errors in VuGen.

- No time to re-write the script.

- WTF is this, "over 25 steps --> complex script"?  Is Truclient like the noise generator approach, can't have much of a business process? BEcause that defeats the purpose.

I've spent over 6 months working on how to ID objects generated in a GWT app. (We would take too long if we used DFE. No joke, that's the Bunsiness Decision.)

Anyway, I'll open a ticket as well. I don't expect help on this issue in this thread. 😉 (Too much effort to remote debug without even seeing it, obviously! 🙂  )

-Bill

Tags (2)
0 Likes
mel24mar
Member.

I am also encountering this problem, after getting an error with the first iteration (legit error that has an alert dialog), other iterations encoutered the issue.

t=00142436ms: Error -205177: TypeError: Unable to get property 'alert' of undefined or null reference
undefined
While calling handlers in TC_NS.RuleEngine dispatch, event=[TC_NS.Event type="agent/evaluate-test-object" target="[object Window]"], handler=
function(args) {
TC_NS.Step.evaluateTestObject(args/*identProfile, stepTestObj, callback*/);
} Snapshot Info [MSH 1 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.