Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
ManojThota1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If we include lr_think_time(); function inside the transaction will it add on response time ?

Jump to solution

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: If we include lr_think_time(); function inside the transaction will it add on response time ?

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your response LIor

Regards,

Manoj Thota

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: If we include lr_think_time(); function inside the transaction will it add on response time ?

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj,

Yes it will.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response LIor,

I am working an citrix protocol and for this protocol some of the mouse clicks and key board clicks i need to add the think time inside the transaction only and for this actions i can't treat as another transaction.

Eg: If i give think time as 15 secs inside the transaction and transaction takes only 2 secs to process. So in this case the total response time of the transaction is 17 secs? will it display the same in Controller/PC result ?

Or

The total transactions time of the request is only 2 secs ?

Regards,

Manoj Thota 

0 Likes
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj,

The TRT is measured from "start transaction" till "end transaction". if you place thing time in the transaction, it will extend the calculation.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your response LIor

Regards,

Manoj Thota

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rahul Kalbhor Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

In my case, I have added the think time in between " lr_start_transaction" and " lr_end_transaction". I have kept "Replay think time as recorded" in runtime settings also in the Performance Center while running 10 script with 10 concurrent users. But in analyzed results, I can see that 5 seconds of think time is not getting added in transaction time.

Can you please help me with the same to know what are possible things which could cause this.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

@Rahul KalbhorIn Analyser you can apply filters to your report. Go with your mouse over the icons till you find something like 'Global Filter' and click. You will see a list of filter options. Near the bottom you will find a filter in relation to think time. Click on the right-hand-side of the grid and change according your needs.

By default this filter is set such that think time is not part of the reported transactions.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Narayana Chilamkuri Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

It will add up to your resposene and you can exclude think time during analysis by checking ignore think time, however it is not recomended to add think time in between the transacitons

Instead of think time you can add check points like sync on bitmap or sync on image in citrix scripting to wait until the expected screen appear

Rahul Kalbhor Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @JHF Remmelzwaal,

That was very helpful for me to get my confusion clear. I've tried with global filters and it works.

Again appreciate your response.

Kudos...!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.