AbhishekS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Intermittent [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR] . Connection reset by peer

Hi,

The exact issue is that, I am receiving this intermittent error from only one location out of three locations. I looked through HP support forum for a possible solution for the error mentioned above, but could not found a suitable answer. I already tried several options like using "web_set_sockets_option", changes in RTS, etc. but still I'm not able to crack this. 

Please help me on this by sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Lancer_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intermittent [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR] . Connection reset by peer

Hi,

this error actually us windows socks error number 10054-WSAECONNRESET, according to MSDN:

WSAECONNRESET 10054

Connection reset by peer.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

seems like the connection has been reset by remote server, hope these information can bring up some help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
AbhishekS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Intermittent [GENERAL_MSG_CAT_SSL_ERROR] . Connection reset by peer

Hi Lancer,

Thanks for your views. I'll dig deeper and try to find out - what's happening at the server side.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.