Highlighted
smartlearner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to update param file in real time ?

This is related to updating the parameter file test data.

Scenario/ Issue : we have one parameter file . The parameter file has two columns - username and token. The token can be used only once.

When running the test,  we use the username and token for a request, the server response contains the new token for the user. I would like to know if there is a way I can update / replace the old token with the new token so that when the vuser uses the same user again, he can use the updated token from the param file.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
tofugaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible to update param file in real time ?

I'm sort of trying to do the samething, there is a way to update data real time with using VTS, but i'm unsure on how to use it with TruClilent scripts.

0 Likes
Ajay_U Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

With the standard parametrization approach we can not update the real time data during the test execution, if you want to update the data during the test executions go for VTS instead of standard approach.

Thanks, Ajay

0 Likes
Ajay_U Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Support link which would help VTS setup for TrueClient: http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/TruClient/_tc_t_how_to_use_VTS.htm

Thanks, Ajay

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.