Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Selva3003 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Runner 11 records objects of SAP ERP 6.0 but fails to run the functionality of the ComboBox

Hi All,

I want to perform Stress test on SAP ERP 6.0 through SAPGUI on HP new hardware platform.

Hence I have installed SAP ERP 6.0 with EHP 4.0 on HPUX 11.31 server. Installed SAP GUI  and Loadrunner 11 on windows 2003 SP2 box.

Through VUser Generator I have recorded the SAP scripts of Creating the Material Management Module(MM01). Objects like Text box, Combo Box and Click link are recoreded. But while running the scripts Load Runner could run scripts for text and link but is failing to set values for Combo Box.

Any suggestions.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum - HP Forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Suerte13cr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner 11 records objects of SAP ERP 6.0 but fails to run the functionality of the ComboBo

Hi Selva,

What got recorded for that combox box, can you show the code Vugen generated?

Do you replay with think time enabled? And do you have think time prior to that failing step?

Let us know

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. ShwetaHooda Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Load Runner 11 records objects of SAP ERP 6.0 but fails to run the functionality of the ComboBo

Hi Selva,

I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know if you were able to find the solution to the problem?

My issue is : i am recording Loadrunner script using SAPGUI protocol. LR version - 11.0 and SAPGUI : 7.3.
I recorded a script to create an account. During this process, user selects a combobox and selects a value from dropdown. But during replay, Vugen throws an error :

Type_desc.c(96): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "Account_Group" =  "Current Liabilities"  // value i am selecting from dropdown

Notify: Found SapGui component by ID "usr/subTABSTRIP:SAPLATAB:0100/tabsTABSTRIP100/tabpTAB01/ssubSUBSC:SAPLATAB:0200/subAREA1:SAPLGL_ACCOUNT_MASTER_MAINTAIN:2102/cmbGLACCOUNT_SCREEN_COA-KTOKS"

Type_desc.c(96): Warning: Could not find combobox entry by value "Current Liabilities"

Type_desc.c(96): Error: Failed to select combobox entry "Current Liabilities"

This is the recording snapshot:

sapgui_select_combobox_entry("Current Liabilities",

cmbGLACCOUNT_SCREEN_COA1,

"CLIA",

BEGIN_OPTIONAL,

"AdditionalInfo=sapgui1034",

END_OPTIONAL);

Please let me know if someonehas faced the same issue and what was the solution for the same.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Ravi_Ranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am facing the similar issue.

I have installed LR11.52 and working on SAP 730, while recording the drop down values shows perfectly but when I replay the script the drop down values changes to 1, 2 or 3 (the recorded value is New, Open, Completed). When I tried to click on the drop down list in replay window, there is only one value which is not allowing me to change the status. Is there any solution for it?

Thanks,
Ravi Rajan

Performance Test Engineer

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Gandalf2009 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

i ve the same Problem LR 11.0 and 11.04  with SAPGUI 7.3

Is there still no Solution?????

thx

Xaver

0 Likes
ChDinesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Try this and it worked for me:

1. Open the machine's System Properties.
  2. Go to "Advanced" tab.
  3. Click on "Environment Variables" button.
  4. If there is no variable name "Path", create one (note: case sensitive).
  5. Set the value or cascade using ';' the SAPgui path. For example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui"
  6. Restart Vugen.

Courtsey: http://scn.sap.com/message/14151778

0 Likes
Fading_Lake Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Runner 12 - SAPGUI Script Runs on Controller with Local Host but Fails on other Load Generators

Hi,

We are facing an issue with SAPGUI. The scripts runs for multiple user in Controller with Local Host  without any errors (Verified for 50+ Users). However, the same script when running on different LG's fails at step "Select Combobox Entry"

When tried running the script on the Load Generator machine directly, it works. But, when the same LG is mapped in controller it fails to execute the script.

If anyone has faced such issues then please let us know what approach did they took to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

h.nishant@outlook.com / h.nishant@ymail.com

0 Likes
Fading_Lake Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner 12 - SAPGUI Script Runs on Controller with Local Host but Fails on other Load Genera

Experts please reply... 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.