David1985 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Runner Community Edition Licence Limitations

Hi All,

I have installed Load runner community edition in my office. I just wanted to know what can I do with this license. Can I conduct enterprise level testing with this license ( I mean can I use this for commercial purpose) OR is this license is available only for training purpose??

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
RaghulMurugadas Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Load Runner Community Edition Licence Limitations

Hi,

This tool can not be used for commercial purpose if you are not purchasing the license. Refer the HP EULA(End User License Agreement) which will be there during the installation.

Regards,

Raghul

0 Likes
rnavale Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

With Community Edition it should not be used for any commercial purposes. You may use for Training / POC purposes only if you want to use it in production and perform thorough Load and performance testing / analysis then you need to procur or purchase the License

Ta!
Raghav

0 Likes
Highlighted
VMarrazzo Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi @rnavale

I need to setup a new LR installation for commerciale purpose.

I am thinking to setup entire environment using Community License (Controller, Generator, MIL and MOFW) and use 50 VUDs to verify correctness of environment setup.

Completed setup and before real execution phase, I am planning to buy necessary amount of VUDs license according testing specification.

My question is :
Can I use 50 VUDs assigned by Community License during real execution phase or I need to use only VUDs ?

Regards
Vincenzo Marrazzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.