Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
IgorM Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

LoadRunner 12.01 Released!

Jump to solution

We are pleased to announce the release of LoadRunner 12.01. This release provides improved stability and multiple enhancements.

Support for load generators on the cloud

• Ability to run tests on load generators on HP Cloud Compute

Enhanced SSL security

• Improved support and enhanced usability for SSL security, including the latest version of OpenSSL, 1.0.1h, solving all known security issues, such as Heartbleed and SSL/TLS MITM

Improvements and added features in VuGen

• Ability to disable snapshot creation during replay
  • Ability to add extra files to parser list and extract steps from extra files
  • Ability to configure Enhanced XML view
  • Ability to create a Web correlation from the Replay snapshot

Protocol enhancements

• Multiple stability and usability fixes
  • Support for replay of ODBC protocol on Linux-based load generators

Analysis improvements

• New graphs for WebSocket messages and connections
  • Reduction in HTML report generation time

New supported technologies and platforms

• Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 support
  • Support for latest versions of NUnit, Jenkins, and Selenium
  • Support for Linux load generator on SUSE
  • Changes in supported Linux distributions
  • Integration with latest HP product versions

Improvements in Virtual Table Server (VTS)

• Ability to monitor VTS changes from administrator user interface

General enhancements

• Enhancements to the Linux load generator installation
  • Usability improvements in VuGen, Controller and other LoadRunner applications
  • Enhanced Citrix documentation, providing updated and streamlined documentation on setting up your Citrix environment and testing Citrix applications

Mobile license bundle

• Addition of a custom license bundle for testing mobile applications, including the Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML protocol, TruClient Ajax – Mobile protocol, and SMP protocol

For full details, check out the readme and the product documentation.

LoadRunner 12.01 is a complete installation package, that includes all LoadRunner 12.00 and LoadRunner 12.00 patch 1 content.

The full package, including all distributable components, can be downloaded from My Software Updates portal after signing in with your HP Passport.

You can also download the free LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition from http://www.hp.com/go/loadrunner

You can now also purchase online a LoadRunner Virtual User Days license, within minutes! Click here to purchase LoadRunner Virtual Users Days.

We are pleased to bring you this important release. 

Thank you for choosing HP LoadRunner!

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12.01 Released!

Jump to solution
Yes, both download options (the full one and the community edition) include 50 free Vusers. Byou get the same bits in both cases.
Igor Markov
23 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Steven Hedley Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Do both download options come with the 50vUser Community license or is it only the Community version available from HP website link you posted?

We have someone looking to do a POC and they need the 50 vUSer community license so it's critical I get my hands on the right one.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Yes, both download options (the full one and the community edition) include 50 free Vusers. Byou get the same bits in both cases.
Igor Markov
Jenna-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi @Steven Hedley,

I've sent you a private message should you have any additional questions around LoadRunner.  Let me know if our HP team can assist with your POC. 

I am an HP employee.

If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.

If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Steven Hedley Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks guys.
0 Likes
MansM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

just started today with trying to get LR to work with selenium for a POC. Used the tutorial@ http://www.joecolantonio.com/2014/05/08/how-to-run-a-selenium-script-in-loadrunner/ as a kickstart. Run vUser works like a charm, but running with launch controller ends in an error (after starting the script):

You do not have a license for this Vuser type.
Please contact HP Software to renew your license.

😞

What kind of additional license is required?

0 Likes
vvelichko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should install "Development" bundle license.

Thanks,

Vladimir Velichko,

LoadRunner QA engineer

0 Likes
MansM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Where can I get that license bundle?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jakob J. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

we are missing the support for IE11 TrueClient so much.

How long will it take to support it? It´s really a big problem here, everything in our environment is already running on IE11 but we cannot use our TrueClient scripts..

How long will it take to support IE11 for TrueClient?

kind regards

0 Likes
Jeff-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

@MansM

I've been unable to locate the "Developer Bundle" that has been mentioned. Have you attempted to contact your dedicated HP Account Team? They would probably be the best resource for you. If you are interested, I can connect you with the appropriate folks. Send me a PM or use this link to have someone contact you.

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jigsawed Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to find out the System Requirements document of LoadRunner and Performance Center v12.x but can't seem to find it. Can you kindly point me where I can get hold of the PDF? Thanks.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

You can download the software and read the readme and the installation guide prior to installation. It has the most detailed and accurate info.

Latest LoadRunner 12.01 readme can also be found here: https://hpln.hp.com/page/hp-loadrunner-1201-readme

Igor Markov
0 Likes
kevin123y Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

i am new to LoadRunner and want to learn it. I downloaded 'HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition' and want to practice it with 'HP Web Tours' server and application. 

But I could not find it under folder: HP->LoadRunner->Samples

by Googling it, I expected to see: HP->LoadRunner->Samples->Web->...

Do I have to download other packages such as : 

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition Additional Components, 

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition Standalone Applications,

HP LoadRunner 12.01 Community Edition User Interface Packs, or

HP LoadRunner tutorial ???

Please help. thanks.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Sir,

Under "HP->LoadRunner->Samples->Web->" you should have:

• Start HP Web Tours Server - this shortcut starts the web server with the sample app. Run it first.
    Alternatively, you can do the following:
    - Go to LoadRunner installation folder -> WebTours. In my PC it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\WebTours"
    - Run StartServer.bat
  • HP Web Tours Application - this shortcut opens the browser to access the web app. It points to "http://127.0.0.1:1080/WebTours/index.htm".
    Run it second.

You don't need to download and install the other "community edition" packages in order to have the 'HP Web Tours' working.

Igor Markov
0 Likes
janicelewis145 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

LoadRunner 12.01 is a complete installation package, that includes all LoadRunner 12.00 and LoadRunner 12.00 patch 1 content. I already have LoadRunner 12.00 installed. During the installation process, will I have the option of only installing the patch 1 content? 

I ask this because I have heard there is not an option of just installing the patch 1 and the installation file fails to uninstall LR 12.00 before it does the complete install of the newer version.  If this is true, are there instructions of how to manually do a complete uninstall of LR12 before installing this version?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.