Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Contributor.. MarkM2 Contributor..
Contributor..

LoadRunner design pane disabled by popup dialog

When recording an application it opens a new browser window with a dialog. The new window is modal, so the TruClient design pane and main application window are behind it. Mouse-over and right-clicks are detected in the TruClient pane, but left-click is not.

I can click and bring up menus in the TruClient pane, but clicks on menu items are ignored. So I cannot, for example, start recording when the dialog is up. Debugging also gets very difficult since I cannot use the TruClient design pane while a dialog is displayed.

Is there a trick to this? It cannot be an uncommon problem... Attached is a screen shot - the context menu appears on right-click of a step, mouse-over hilights the menu items, but clicks are ignored (the menu stays open and does not run the selected function). Clicks on the record, play, and other buttons are also ignored.

Using FireFox 30.0.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LoadRunner design pane disabled by popup dialog

What version of Vugen you are using?

Firefox version of LR is built-in version.

VuGen 11.0 comes with Firefox 3

VUGen 11.5 comes with Firefox 8

VuGen 12.0 comes with Firefox 22

If you are using old VuGen version, your application may not work with Firefox old version, please try with VuGen 12.0

Anyway, I made a quick try with this url and it worked fine: http://www.asp.net/AjaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/ModalPopup/ModalPopup.aspx

If your application available somewhere, please share so I can try.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Contributor.. MarkM2 Contributor..
Contributor..

Actually I found the "Detach" button at the top of the TruClient pane. That moves the pane into its own window and the modal dialog problem does not happen. As long as I run this way, it works well (short of crashing FireFox every once in a while...)

Using VuGen 11.52

And I see that the FF that is launched is version 8.0.1... I assumed it was the same as the version I run from the desktop; did not realize that VuGen bundled it's own.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Firefox version 8.0 is quite old, I don't think it is the same version from your Desktop, please make a try with VuGen 12.0

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.