Highlighted
Jayblah Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Loadrunner: Capturing the response times of document downloads?

Hello,

I have a Loadrunner script, and I want to capture the response times of 3 document files that I download through the web-application. In my current recording, these documents are shown as "Extrares" and therefore their response times are not being calculated individually.

Here's the pertinent part of the recording (I've used vague domains/paths to not risk any ability to identify the customer/application):

web_url("2367_5", 
    "URL=https://web-application-domain/", 
    "Resource=0", 
    "RecContentType=application/json", 
    "Referer=https://web-application-domain/", 
    "Snapshot=t110.inf", 
    "Mode=HTML", 
    EXTRARES, 
    "Url=/Document/Document1/", "Referer=", ENDITEM, 
    "Url=/Document/Document2/", "Referer=", ENDITEM, 
    "Url=/Document/Document3/", "Referer=", ENDITEM, 
    LAST);

I want the response times of Document 1, Document 2, and Document 3, as separate transactions.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
h2o_2 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner: Capturing the response times of document downloads?

You can generate the script in a way that each one of these will appear in a seperate step. For example in HTTP mode with no concurrent groups

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.