Biancae Contributor.
Contributor.

.NET Start recording failed. Please see log for details, but no details in log

Im trying to record a .Net application, but once I click record I get  "Start recording failed. Please see log for details, but no details in log". There's nothing in the log, and nothing to indicate what's wrong. I've confirmed its a .Net application, so I don't know  why I'm having this problem. Are there any logs outside of the output log in Vugen i can check? I've looked in C:\Windows\Temp but there's nothing there after UserLogon this morning. Persisting issue

0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor.. Jes73 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: .NET Start recording failed. Please see log for details, but no details in log

Hello Bianae

Can you provide a bit more detail? Is this a desktop .NET application you are trying to record? If so have you ensured you have copied the file path of the app .exe and included the app .exe.config file name in runtime settings?

Sometimes too, the .NET filters to apply can be a work of trial and error.

I'd recommend you give this a read, its for the old LR 11.50 version but much of it is still relevant

LoadRunner11.50_NET_Protocol_Filter_BestPractices_pdf

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.