PS_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NTLM Authenticated application shows Access error in Test Results

Hi,

We have an application which is NTLM authenticated. The script was recorded in Vugen and we have implemented the 'web_set_user'. We have also included web_reg_find.

When the script is executed, the web_reg_find is passing successfully, but when we View the Test Results, the page shows "You do not have access to view this page" message.

Please provide any inputs.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Oliver Lloyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NTLM Authenticated application shows Access error in Test Results

Your web_reg_find is not set properly - it sounds like it's probably looking for a title page value like "My Application Name" but this text most likely appears at the top of every page even if an error occured so it blindly returns success every time. You should really set these text checks to look for meaningful values, like: "Transaction Submitted Successfully".

As to why you are getting this HTTP401 error. It is very likely because your web_set_user fuinction didn't work. Here the possibilitities get a bit big but I'm guessing you already checked the username/password, how about the domain? It's hard to be specific, try looking in the KB / forums for this function, it's a common point of failure and there's a lot of stuff out there on it.

Oliver
0 Likes
PS_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The web_reg_find is set to a value taken from the server response and web_set_user is also set correctly.

The exact error message that is occurring in the test results are "You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page."

We tried googling this, it showed that this issue generally occurs due to 'Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration settings' enabled. We modified the settings to disable this, but we still face the same issue.

0 Likes
Oliver Lloyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Point 1. If you think the web_reg_find is ok then try doing the opposit and setting the web_global_verification() to look for the error message text. If you have that looking for "Please enable scripts and reload this page." otr something like that then this will correctly fail your requests - always nice.

Point 2. If I were you I would talk to my dev team and work out what exactly is happening to authorise the client. That way you can hopefully figure out why you are having issues with your script. But if you are not getting 401s trhen it is probably fair to say the web_set_user() is good. That much is sure.

Oliver
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.