Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Joyrock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Numbers in Automatic Correlation

Hi all,

I am using LR 9.52 Version and recording a script using HTTP/HTML protocol with automatic correlation enabled. The code for automatic correlation in correlation studio is defined as:

Rule_SessionID:

Action : Search for parameter in all of the body and text

Left Boundary : SessionID='

Right Boundary : '

Parameter prefix : sessionID

However at the time of script generation its displaying:

/* Registering parameter(s) from source task id 74
    // {sessionID2} = "A42050E126439F656BE542"
    // */

web_reg_save_param("sessionID2",
        "LB=SessionID='",
        "RB='",
        "Ord=1",
        "RelFrameId=1",
        "Search=Body",
        LAST);

Although, rest is fine, I am not sure why this 2 is getting clubed with sessionID, If anybody can clear me on this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. DaveP_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Numbers in Automatic Correlation

My understanding of auto-correlation is that it will correlate every instance (_1, _2 ... _n). However, it will only put a correlation in a script as and when it is used. If the first time your SessionID is used in the script is the 2nd time it was sent, you will get _2.

Could someone corroborate (or shoot down) this explanation?

0 Likes
Shane_Evans Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Numbers in Automatic Correlation

That is correct, auto-correlation is creating a parameter for every unique instance of the SessionID variable. In some applications, you can simply overwrite the parameter each time and save on memory used by each vuser, but you will want to compare values used by your script during replay before making any modifications.

Cheers,

Shane Evans

Product Manager

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.