Jonathan12345 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Question on how to create user concurrent user sessions in Loadrunner

Hi, all.

In my script, I am trying to pass the user/password as parameters to simulate concurrent user logon. The problem is that Loadrunner seems to go through the values in the parameter list in each iteration. Now a new iteration cannot start until the last one is done. 

If I spawn 15 concurrent vusers, they all start from the first value of the parameter list. This is probably a very common problem. Can you please point me to some doc or posts that can simulate concurrent user sign-on via parameters? I haven't found anything so far in my search.

If I don't use parameter/vusers, is there another way?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Question on how to create user concurrent user sessions in Loadrunner

By the way, I am creating a test script using the sap web protocol against SAP webdynpro applications. However, I don't think my question is related to the protocol or is application specific.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I might have found the option combination for the parameter that can achieve what I want. Is there a better way on controlling how the parameter file is parsed when the vusers are getting generated? I am thinking of something like a c program? Do you know of any documentation to do so?

Basically I am looking for a way to control which line is read when a vuser is generated.

Thanks

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Dennis Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Jonathan,

I am not sure what do you wan´t to achieve.

What do you mean bij ´concurrent´.

Do you mean you wan´t to login with 15 VU right at the same time?

Then use LR_RENDEZVOUS

Or do you wan´t to login 15VU with each it´s own username?

Then use the UNIQUE parameter setting instead of the default SEQUENTIAL.

There are 3 ways to use testdata from a parameter list:

- Sequential

- Random

- Unique

Read more here: http://easyloadrunner.blogspot.nl/2014/03/sequential-random-unique-each.html

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the thumbs up icon in the gray square by the post in the thread.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.