Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
vamshi_3 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Recording issues with Ajax truclient 12.53

Hi,

I 'm trying to record the application with Ajax Truclient 12.53v. Application is opening with Truclient broweser but after that not able to perform any actions on the application. I need to click on the tabs(to get the sub menus) but the truclient is not recording the application .Also, sometimes I get the error message "Broser must be internet explorer.You currently are running a different browser". Although I 'm using IE for recording. Application will not support either firefox or chrome. Attaching the screenshot of the application which I need to click on the tab. Also attaching the error message

0 Likes
11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Recording issues with Ajax truclient 12.53

Hi,

Does TC not record any actions, or just not record some actions while other actions get recorded?

Regarding "Browser must be Internet Explorer. You currently are running a different browser." problem, it depends on how the web page detects browser. Is it possible to share the code which used to detect browser?

BTW, only the error message is attached. Screenshot of the application is not attached.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Thank you Alex for the response.Attaching the screenshot of the application. Regarding the code, while recording only Navigate step is captured ,and no other code is captured beyond this even though I perform few actions on the application. When launching the application with the Ajaxtruclient browser, even the tabs in the application is not working.(not able to click on the tabs ,ex: case action) or even the mouse cursor is placed it has to display the sub-menus even this is also not working. Tried with firefox and chrome but no luck. Is there any additional configuration settings needed for this issue?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI,

If mouse hover dosen't work on any TruClient browser (IE/FF/Chromium), it looks there are conflicts in DOM handling by the page code itself and by TruClient. Try to open TruClient IE console (View > Toolbars and Docking Windows > Console) to check if there is any error log. If no helpful log there, I would suggest to submit a ticket to TruClient support team.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

The below is the error message which displayed in the console window.

Object doesn't support property or method 'createPopup'; URL: https://xxxxxx.com//Js/Menu/JAdvancedMenu.js
Object doesn't support property or method 'createPopup'; URL: https://xxxxxx.com//Js/Menu/JAdvancedMenu.js
Unable to set property 'NaN' of undefined or null reference; URL: https://xxxxxx.com//Js/Menu/JAdvancedMenu.js

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I did a simple research. In IE, there is a window.createPopup() method. This only works on IE, and only works on IE 10 and earlier versions, not on IE 11. If the "createPopup" method mentioned in the log is the window.createPopup() method, it will not work on FF or Chromium. And it will not work on TruClient IE browser, because by default TruClient IE uses latest version IE (depends on which IE version is installed in you machine).

Try to disable TruClient IE standards mode (Advanced > Enforce Standards Mode - deselect it), then try your application in TruClient IE browser, see if it works.

Valued Contributor.

Hi Alex,

I 've tried disabling standard mode but still the issue exist. I m getting the error message which is attached for your reference.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, is it possible to share the code which is used to detect browser?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

After placing the url and started the recording , the code(attached )  is recorded. but after that truclient is throwing error" Browser must be internet explorer.You currently running a different browser".

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Script is getting recorded. But when replay, the application is not responding .For example; there is open button in the application. While recording ,the user action "click" is recorded in the script but when I replay, the script is not able to click on it. (Object is getting identified), but the action is not working on the application while replaying the script.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It's difficult to find the root cause with limited communication in forum. For this case, I'd suggest to submit a ticket to LR/TC support, so LR/TC DEV can trouble-shoot.

Hi,

I tried to record the script using Truclient with IE browser, the url is loading but not showing the login prompt to enter the credentials.

Note : when i try to launch the url in IE, it didn't show the login prompt once the url has been added to the trusted sites it was showing the login prompt. 

Using Vugen 12.53v & IE 11v

Could you please assist on this issue. I have pasted both the screenshots for reference.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.