Absent Member.. shealy Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Requested memory block size exceeds limit

I'm running LoadRunner 9.52 on Windows XP. I recently have come across the following messages when I run a script in the Virtual User Generator:

Action(73): Error -27977: Memory block size (65537) requested for value (<INPUT>) exceeds limit of 65535 bytes      [MsgId: MERR-27977]

Action(73): Error -27999: Not enough memory (65537 bytes) for a memory block for value (<INPUT>)      [MsgId: MERR-27999]

Does anyone know how to increase the memory block size?

0 Likes
5 Replies
KMadan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Requested memory block size exceeds limit

If it is related to Click & Script protocol, you can verify this at Runtime Settings > Preferences > Options > Memory Management.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I'm actually using the Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol. However, one of the first things I tried was to increase the Default block size for DOM memory allocation under Memory Management, but that didn't do anything. I also tried all 3 options for Memory Manger for dynamically-created DOM objects, but again I got the exact same error.

0 Likes
KMadan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

All the options i posted in the previous update are relevant only for Web Click&Script protocol. Probably we can have a look at the script if you can upload.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I would upload the script, but I don't believe that the script is the issue. The script is used to log in several different users to our application and only a couple users have experienced this error. Upon logging in, each user is taken to their home page which is the same for each user except for a few minor things. One of which is the Viewstate. I measured the Viewstates from the home pages of a user with the error and without the error. I found that the Viewstate for the user with the error was 65537 bytes (the same size as the requested memory block), while the other user's Viewstate was around 61kb.

Based on that, I figure I need to increase the memory block size or alter the home pages (which isn't feasible).

0 Likes
anujk Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

For this error you can see the solution in the function reference. Just type 27977 & 27999 in Index field and you will get the solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.