Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
norristaj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scripting Citrix ICA with LR12

I'm appealing to this community for help since HP engineers so far couldn't find the answer. Let me first introduce you to our configuration and environment:

The configuration

==============

Application under test is Siebel

Loadrunner Vugen is version 12

protocols are Multi protocol (Citrix ICA + Sieble-web) because the application is Siebel based

Citrix Server (with loadrunner Citrix agent installed) is Xenapp 6.5

Citrix Client on the Vugen machine is Citrix Receiver (Enterprise) 13.4

Citrix session is direct connection to the Citrix farm i.e. Non SSL

DEP is disabled on both the Citrix server and Vugen machine

The configuration on the Citrix Server windows is set up on a Non-Seamless mode

Not using the .ica configuration file, I believe this file is with the Citrix admin and has the default configurations and I'm not sure if I need to change anything in it, or should I and if so what should I change?

The issue

========

Vugen script recording the connection to the Citrix Server successfully but when I tried to record the application (invoking the application from the Citrix shell/container) the Receiver client windows is open leaving the Citrix Server container, the application under test is now inside the Receiver window. Loadrunner at this point couldn’t get any events from the application (recording nothing) and therefore the "Action" section in the script will always come up empty.

If you encountered a similar situation or you have any idea please contact me...

abdul.mehdi@cic.gc.ca

Thanks to all

0 Likes
4 Replies
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Scripting Citrix ICA with LR12

Greetings norristaj

Hope you are fine!

I would like to help you on this Citrix Issue, I am going to investigate about the issue regarding the details you have put on the posted request. 

Are you using a Citrix Access Gateway? 

Is there a terminal service (it is like a gateway) between the Citrix Client and Citrix Server machine? 

I am going to contact you through email and you can provide me that information.

Kind Regards, 

Alexis Brenes G

0 Likes
norristaj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Alex,

I just sent an email, to recap I had no gateways or terminal service, direct access no ssl

thanks

abdul

0 Likes
Highlighted
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Abhul,

Hope you are fine and sorry for the delays.

I collected some steps you may need to do in order to see if you can record the Application Under Testing (Siebel Application) accessed from the Citrix Farm.

As we could not record a full sample of the BP using the Multi-protocol. I recommend you to use the Web Http/Html protocol + Citrix Nfuse protocol.

Before starting the Recording, you may need to install the registry patch for the Citrix Server. On the LR Detect Report, it said that is not installed. Do you have a FTC link to access and upload the patch for you. Remember to do not share detailed information about the FTP link or telephone numbers on the thread.

Recording Options --> General Script.

Check the "Generated recorded events logs".

Uncheck the "Track processes created as COM local servers".

Check "Use Protected application Recording".

Make sure to have the Windows Firewall off during the recording, there is not anti-virus as you stated, DEP is off, verify again.

May you please provide details about the CItrix ICA file? I need it in order to see what are the connection parameters for the Citrix XenApp.

Please let us know about this.

Kind Regards and Best Regards,

0 Likes
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Greetings Adbul,

Hope you are fine!

Sorry for the delay! The full package including all distributable components can be downloaded from My Software Updates portal after signing in with your HP Passport. You can find the the additional components the Citrix Patch you required to be installed on the Citrix Server machine. I will recommend you to use Citrix ICA protocol + Web (http/html), the Ajax Click & Script + Citrix ICA combination, for me it would be a good idea.

You can also download free LoadRunner 12.00 Community Edition from http://www.hp.com/go/loadrunner

More information about LR 12.00.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Information-and-News/LoadRunner-12-00-Released/td-p/6419972#.VEfmOfldWRI

Please let us know if this can help you, in case that you are facing the same issues, I will recommend you to open a new LR Service Request Ticket, attaching all the informaton collected and see if they can help you further.

Kind Regards,

Alexis Brenes G

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.