Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Bhanu_Bisen Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Step Download Timeout.

Hey Everyone,

I am experiencing 'Step download Timeout' error while replay of one application.

I have increased Step download timeout in Runtime setting to 20 mins. Still script is failing.

The step which is failing contains realtimeprogressmonitor.jsp

Can anyone tell me, Why we get this error.

Thanks in Advance.

Bhanu Bisen
0 Likes
10 Replies
Sunny168 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Step Download Timeout.

HI,

I suggest you update Run Time Setting for this case. 

Open Run Time setting, in Preperences Node, expand General part, checked "Mark step timeout caused by resource as a warning"

Regarding you question why get this error? Maybe below reasons:

1. The realtimeprogressmonitor.jsp indeed can't downlaod due to server issue, you can verify this use browser.

2. From  step timestamp, check how long time it take when fail happen? If it is not 20 minutes. I suspend it is LR issue. Otherwize need more investigation

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Sunny168 for reply,

The realtimeprogressmonitor.jsp is getting downloaded while working on the flow manually.

Also it is getting recorded in loadrunner, we even have the page snapshot in recording section.

Bhanu Bisen
0 Likes
Sunny168 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ok, so can tell how long time your step take when error happen? 20 minutes? 

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

after 9 minutes.

Bhanu Bisen
0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Is this step mandatory for the script to run?

Can you share the step code? Maybe there is a resource that needs to be omitted in order to avoid the timeout.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

It is a mandatory Step.

Bhanu Bisen
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Well. It is hard to tell without seeing the script or at least the step.

Please open a support ticket to troubleshoot it with HPE support

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thankx Shlomi,

I am raising a ticket for the issue.

Thanks for support. 🙂 

Bhanu Bisen
0 Likes
Arun Lal
New Member.

Have you found a fix for this?

I am experiencing the same issue. Increased the timeout to 10 minutes (the step gets downloaded in browser within 2 seconds) Also instructed to treat the timeout as warning. Nothing worked!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Change the step end event to Object Exists and select a UI element that you can rely on to appear once the step action is performed. This way you will avoid the network timeout.

Regards,
Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.