Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Super Contributor.. John_McConda Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Supported Monitoring/Diagnostics with LoadRunner

I've gotten a lot of different information on this, some of it conflicting, so I wanted to see if someone could help me clarify.

My understanding is this:

Web Page diagnostics are available with LoadRunner without purchasing HPE Diagnostics

J2EE and .NET are available by purchasing HPE Diagnostics.

Everything else is no longer supported, including the ERP/CRM Server Resource Monitoring

What I am trying to figure out is if there are any tools we can use to get Siebel metrics. There is a section about it starting on page 1197 of the LoadRunner 12.53 user guide, but it is unclear how to actually use it.

There is also a reference to a Siebel Server Manager graph on page 1052., but I was told by Sales that only J2EE and .NET are supported now for diagnostics. Does that mean monitoring for Siebel is unsupported now as well? I was told the references in the help document are for legacy products, but it doesn't say that anywhere.....

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Alftio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Supported Monitoring/Diagnostics with LoadRunner

Hi John,

Let me clarify, the monitor explained in page 1197 from the LR 12.53 user guide make reference to the default monitor that is included in the Controller. It must be configured from the Controller and the counters that can be selected are those that are listed in pages 1199-1200. This monitor will capture date just while a LoadRunner test is executed.

ERP_CRM Siebel Controller.JPG

Regarding the Diagnostics part, effectively the used collector/connector/Agent was removed and now just the .NET or J2EE can be used.

They are other options for monitoring Siebel which are HPE Sitescope, BPM y RUM.

Alfredo Díaz
LR/PC Expert

HPE LoadRunner/Performance Center

Super Contributor.. John_McConda Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks! Is the screenshot you posted from the Controller or from Analysis? I'm actually using Performance Center, so I'm guessing the Siebel monitor should be in Test Resources in ALM?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Alftio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Greetings,

The screenshot is related to the LoadRunner Controller. In Performance Center Monitors just the PeopleSoft(Tuxedo) and SAPGUI are enabled as part of the ERP/CRM Server Resource Graphs.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.