Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Tru client recording issue

Hello all,

I am facing issue while recording in Tru client protocol. It is not able to record specific step (Drop down) except that all steps are recording. I tried to manully add click on object step and have given object identifaction as xpath. It is able to properly highlight the object but when i am replaying it it is displaying error message as - multiple objects found .

But when i am trying to click on replace option to select the desired dropdown it is not able to select it , but i am able to replace other objects except dropdown.

Anyone has any idea?? Please help.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Tru client recording issue

Hi @vivek5,

I saw cases like these in the past and I recall it was not easy to workaround. In 99% of the case it is possible to workaround it.

It sounds like the xpath identification find multiple objects, when highlighting you see only object but most likely there are more that are not visible hence you do not see them being highlighted. I suggest refining the xpath - look at the DOM and ensure you have a unique criteria

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hi shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the xpath in firebug , it was showing only 1 instance for that. 

Do you have any idea why only that particular step is not recording and moreover why i am not able to replace the particular object? Except that object i am able to replace all the objects .

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I am not sure why you cannot replace it. Maybe the object identificaiton description was not saved correctly in TruClient objcet repository (not exposed to you). 

Try the following:
1. Delete the step.
2. Save the script.
3. Manually add a Generic object action step from the toolbox
4. Locate an object that was not selected earlier by any other script. It can be a niche element that is not of interest for you
5. Change the object identification to XPath and change the XPath to the one you have.
6. Highlight the object. If highlight works try to use "Play this step" option. If it works replay the whole script.

If you still encounter an issue I suggest trying to handle that in a new script or open a support ticket.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I already tried the above option you told till 6th step.

It is able to highlight the object but when i am playing that step it  is showing multiple object found.

Can you please tell how to open a support ticket?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

1. Sign in to the support site - https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/
2. Select Service Requests
3. Click on Submit new 

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.