Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient How to close a browser dowunload pop-up

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I've a problem with a TruClient script: when I run the script, at a certain point of the execution, a download browser pop-up (an image of the fact below) appears and I must to close it for continue the web browsing. 

I've tried to set differents "step type" in the pop-up single step, but no options can close the window and resolve the probelm. 

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot, 

Lorenzo

Img_popUp.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TruClient How to close a browser dowunload pop-up

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

The Internet Explorer download dialog, popped up by the browser, is a native dialog so it cannot be directly manipulated from the DOM by TruClient.

You can technically handle it from Windows APIs in a C function, called from an "Evaluate C" step, but this way is complex and not very robust, so I would not easily recommend it.

If your goal is to skip downloading the file, an easier solution would be to exclude the file's URL in the "Download Filters" tab of the Runtime Settings dialog.

An alternative to this (with the same effect): add a URL automatic filter that would prevent the request to this file from occurring.
To do this, use the Utils.addAutoFilter API to exclude the file's URL. You can do this either from an "Evaluate JavaScript" step or from a "Generic API Action" step.

Edo

2 Replies
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

The Internet Explorer download dialog, popped up by the browser, is a native dialog so it cannot be directly manipulated from the DOM by TruClient.

You can technically handle it from Windows APIs in a C function, called from an "Evaluate C" step, but this way is complex and not very robust, so I would not easily recommend it.

If your goal is to skip downloading the file, an easier solution would be to exclude the file's URL in the "Download Filters" tab of the Runtime Settings dialog.

An alternative to this (with the same effect): add a URL automatic filter that would prevent the request to this file from occurring.
To do this, use the Utils.addAutoFilter API to exclude the file's URL. You can do this either from an "Evaluate JavaScript" step or from a "Generic API Action" step.

Edo

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the response: I've tried to put a filter of the browser popup and the script execution skips the problem, so the browsing can continue. 

Thanks again, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.