Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

TruClient Recording Issue

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I need 1 help in TruClient Protocol .I have a scenario where i have to click on next button pop up(In my case there are 3 consecutives Next buttons which needs to be clicked).

So once recording is done i am able to see 3 Click on Next button steps , So basically if i am changing any properties like Xpath for any one of the Next buttons it is changing in all the 3 Next buttons although all the buttons appears one after other.(I mean once we click on the 1st button then only 2nd Next button appears)

Can anybody please help me on this??

~Vivek

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TruClient Recording Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Vivek,

When TruClient recognize a UI element that has the same characterization as previously detected one it holds a single copy of it in the script object repository and different steps point to it. In such cases if you modify the identification from the context of one of the steps it will impact the other steps as well.

In order to overcome that you need to
1. Add a new Generic Object Action step.
2. Select a different object, such that was not already selected earlier in the script in order to avoid facing the same issue again.
3. Change the object identification method to Descriptors or XPath or JavaScript (whichever you use in the original step that deals with thes next buttons)
4. Apply the specific identificaiton that fits to the particular Next button in the correct phase
5. Repeat the same steps for the other buttons. You can leave the first Next button with the original identification

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Shlomi

2 Replies
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Vivek,

When TruClient recognize a UI element that has the same characterization as previously detected one it holds a single copy of it in the script object repository and different steps point to it. In such cases if you modify the identification from the context of one of the steps it will impact the other steps as well.

In order to overcome that you need to
1. Add a new Generic Object Action step.
2. Select a different object, such that was not already selected earlier in the script in order to avoid facing the same issue again.
3. Change the object identification method to Descriptors or XPath or JavaScript (whichever you use in the original step that deals with thes next buttons)
4. Apply the specific identificaiton that fits to the particular Next button in the correct phase
5. Repeat the same steps for the other buttons. You can leave the first Next button with the original identification

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Shlomi

vivek5 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Shlomi Nissim.

It worked for me.
~Vivek

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.