Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: Windows Authentication pop-up

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I've to record an application with TruClient: after the authentication step, both in recording and in replay phases I've see the Windows Authentication pop-up, that doesn't appear in reality (if you try the same navigation with other browser that pop-up there's not). I'm using Firefox browser for record the application and I've LR 12.53 version. 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TruClient: Windows Authentication pop-up

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

It looks related to how the authention method(s) is required by the server. In your case, probably both "Negotiate" and "NTLM" are supported by the server. In TruClient 12.53, Firefox browser version is 40, which does not support "Negotiate", so "NTLM" is used. That's way the dialog is shown. In latest Firefox versions, "Negotiate" is supported. This allows Firefox provides domain based authention information to server automatically, without asking you to manually input anything.

But TruClient 12.53 Firefox should be able to record and replay this kind of authentication. It's tested in many cases. If TruClient Firefox can't record and replay this authentication step, I would suggest you to submit a ticket.

7 Replies

Jump to solution

I've try to insert a Generic Browser Option with Step->Action=Dialog-Authenticate, but the Windows pop-up still appear and I can't record it. 

How can I handle this problem?

Thanks again, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

What does the Windows Authentication pop-uo dialog say? Would you please provide snapshot of that dialog? You may paste it here or send private message to me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Below an image of the pop-up. Is there some way to record this window?

Thanks, 

Lorenzo

ws_auth.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

It looks related to how the authention method(s) is required by the server. In your case, probably both "Negotiate" and "NTLM" are supported by the server. In TruClient 12.53, Firefox browser version is 40, which does not support "Negotiate", so "NTLM" is used. That's way the dialog is shown. In latest Firefox versions, "Negotiate" is supported. This allows Firefox provides domain based authention information to server automatically, without asking you to manually input anything.

But TruClient 12.53 Firefox should be able to record and replay this kind of authentication. It's tested in many cases. If TruClient Firefox can't record and replay this authentication step, I would suggest you to submit a ticket.

Jump to solution

Thanks Alex, 

I will try again to record the Windows Authentication pop-up action directly in Develop Mode or at last I can try to insert a Generic Browser Action to insert credentials and hope to go on. 

Thank you again for explanation. In your opinion, in these cases (so when a Windows Authentication dialog pop-up appears) what is the best solution? Record the action directly from the browser or "force" it by a Generic Browser Action (drag and customize a Toolbox function on TruClient)?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

TruClient team spent time to support record and replay of authentication steps. It's easier for users to record it directly. This is the suggested way. Manually creating a Generic Browser Action should be a backup choice.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the response, Alex!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.