Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Ivan Laszik Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

TruClient with Cromium and authentication dialog

There is a strange behaviour with Truclient Chromium and authentication dialog boxes generated by the browser, for ADFS for example. In the "enter credentials in authentication dialog" JS arguments cannot be used for username and password for example. Error in attachment appears. Because of this I cannot use encrypted pws. How can I use encrypted passwords in plain or parameter values?

I use VuGen 12.55.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TruClient with Cromium and authentication dialog

Hi @Ivan Laszik,

As shown in the error message, in TruClient Chromium, "JS arguments are not supported while an authentication dialog box is opened. Use plain or parameter values." This is a limitation on TruClient Chromium.

1. TruClient IE and Firefox don't have this limitation. If IE or FF work for you, you may use one of them.

2. JavaScript arguments are not supported in TruClient Chromium while an authentication dialog box is opened. You may use "Parameter" type parameter, which has "P" icon in the parameter type drop-down list. But encrypted password is not supported with "Parameter" type parameter. Well, this could be a good point to improve in the future.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.