Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
cheng
Frequent Visitor.

Truclient Mobile Center - Script Records Response Time as Wasted Time (LR12.60)

Hi, I am currently trying to put a Truclient Mobile Center script into a controller, but found that the Controller and Analysis shows my transactions have an avg of 0.00006 second response time. 

In Vugen/Truclient, I have a "wait for object" function inside my transaction to verify that the page loaded successfully. So when I run this script in Vugen, I get this 

Notify: Transaction "transaction_1" ended with a "Pass" status (Duration: 9.1440 Wasted Time: 9.1440).

I believe the Controller subtracts Wasted Time from Duration when it runs, and that is why I am getting 0 second response times. 

I've also tried this with the "verify" object. It's the same result.

Does anyone know if there is a way for the controller to record waste time as actual response time? Or is there any way for Truclient to record the "wait for object" object as actual response time?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
randyross Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Truclient Mobile Center - Script Records Response Time as Wasted Time (LR12.60)

Hello,

As you mentioned, the reports from Controller and Vugen will not be the same as Controller will focus only in server response time.
Therefor it will not take the wasted time into consideration.

I believe the best we can do to try to emulate the end user time would be to modify the step's end event.
Those are the ones that define where the step activities actually ends for measuresment purposes.

Try changing the end events for that step to see what option approaches the most to the end user elapsed time.

0 Likes
Girish95
New Member.

Re: Truclient Mobile Center - Script Records Response Time as Wasted Time (LR12.60)

Hi ,
Even I am facing the same issue with Truclient web protocol version 12.55. When running the script with Truclient Chromium Browser , i am getting the transaction duration as 6.99 seconds and wasted time as 3.003 seconds which results in a response time of 4 seconds. But the same script with same end events in firefox is giving response time of 7.626 seconds and waste time of 0 seconds.
I have checked manually in chrome browser and observed that actual response time for the page is generally around 7 seconds.
I have tried changing end events both for transaction and step but truclient chromium is almost all the time giving a waste time of 3 to 3.5 seconds.
Why is there such a difference of waste time in chromium and firefox?
Replay Log for Truclient Chromium
t=00005037ms: ** 1: Navigate to "URL" ** started [MsgId: MMSG-205180]
Notify: Transaction "Transaction 1" started.
Notify: Transaction "Transaction 1" ended with a "Pass" status (Duration: 6.9900 Wasted Time: 3.0030).
t=00012240ms: ** 1: Navigate to URL** successfully completed with end event 'Document Loaded'
Replay Log for Truclient Firefox
t=00002437ms: ** 1: Navigate to "URL" ** started [MsgId: MMSG-205180]
Notify: Transaction "Transaction 1" started.
Notify: Transaction "Transaction 1" ended with a "Pass" status (Duration: 7.6260).
t=00010267ms: ** 1: Navigate to URL ** successfully completed with end event 'Document Loaded'
Thanks

0 Likes
cheng
Frequent Visitor.

Hi,

Have you tried setting the "end event" to object exists? Also if you are using native mobile, try to install/use packaged version of the apps.

Those 2 things helped resolve my issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.