Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
nbl Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unable to load the snapshot

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need some help here to understand this behaviour. I recorded a script, worked hard on it, made correlations, set up parameters, etc, etc. Next, I saved it in ALM as we use this tool as a repository and to share with other people/environments. I also execute the script from the controller linked directly to the entity saved in ALM.

Now, I need to still working on it so I have to analyze the snapshot saved during the recording but now there is none (I used the snapshot early to make some correlations).

imagen.png

Somehow this data loses when I save the vugen script in ALM or when I saved back to my PC?  What happened?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Unable to load the snapshot

Jump to solution

When uploading scripts from VuGen to ALM  (as well as when creating a ZIP file), you get a choice between "Runtime files" and "All files".

Selecting "Runtime file" will keep only the files needed to run the script, so debugging information, such as snapshots and recording data will be omitted.

To keep all the information, select the "All files" option.

3 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Naveen_KumarN Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have faced this earlier, toggle between Replay and Record button and also between the steps. LR will load the snapshot.

Thank you,
NaveenKumar Namachivayam
www.QAInsights.com
Author - Excel in MS Excel

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the thumbs up icon in the purple square by the post in the thread.

Accept my answer as a solution, if it is worked.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

When uploading scripts from VuGen to ALM  (as well as when creating a ZIP file), you get a choice between "Runtime files" and "All files".

Selecting "Runtime file" will keep only the files needed to run the script, so debugging information, such as snapshots and recording data will be omitted.

To keep all the information, select the "All files" option.

nbl Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, you're right, Edo Nir!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.