VishalPatel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to record Citrix events while working with Multiple Protocol (Citrix ICA / Web HTTP/HTML)

I am unable to record Citrix Applications published on Web portal using Multiple Protocol (Citrix ICA + Web). Web parts records properly but when I launch the published application it stops recording Citrix events. After completing the recording, last statement that I can see is

“ctrx_nfuse_connect("https://------------.com/Citrix/Store1Web/Resources/LaunchIca/Q29udHJvbGxlci5DYWxjdWxhdG9y.ica?CsrfToken={CitrixXenApp_CsrfToken}&IsUsingHttps=Yes", CTRX_LAST);”

I can record/replay with single protocol (Citrix ICA) using VuGen. Even manually, I can access/launch published application through Web portal/Web Shortcut.

I have gone through no. of blogs. I have done the basic setting, but no luck.

Can you please help me on this?

Thanks.

These are the details:

VuGen: installed on Window Server 2012 R2

Citrix Server: installed on Window Server 2012 R2

XenApp/XenDesktop: 7.9

Client Receiver: 14.X (already tried with 14.1/3/4/7)

VuGen/LoadRunner: 12.53 build 1203

0 Likes
9 Replies
appu1
Visitor.

Re: Unable to record Citrix events while working with Multiple Protocol (Citrix ICA / Web HTTP/HTML)

Hi mate,

I am facing exaclty the same issue. Is it resolved for you? If so can you please share the solution. Thanks

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. aleksandr5 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: Unable to record Citrix events while working with Multiple Protocol (Citrix ICA / Web HTTP/HTML)

Same issue is experienced here.

Tried all options from link below without any success. Any luck anyone?

https://www.northwaysolutions.com/scripting-citrix-7-x-storefront-with-loadrunner-vugen/

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Seamless mode should be disabled on Citrix side. 

However you can change in Loadrunner installation folder ..\config\bbhook.ini SupressCitrixOcxEnabled to true. This should solve the problem, and citrix recording should work as expected.

Thank you,

Levente.

ssuman Contributor.
Contributor.

I am facing this issue as well. I have also tried this suggestion of changing SupressCitrixOcxEnabled = true but after i did this, while recording i am getting a prompt to install Citrix receiver; meaning for some reason during recording the application refuses to identify the citrix receiver. When i change back this setting to "false", i am able to move forward but as soon as i enter citrix, i am unable to capture traffic. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Additionally, i am also noticing consistent logging in LR stating "connection terminated" while i navigate to citrix from the web portion of the application. 

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

I was able to make it work by #1 Setting recordline level to sockets only  and run the Enable_Citrix_API for 64 or 32 bit (pay attention to the syntax as per URL posted in the same thread)

ssuman Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you @aleksandr5  for the quick response. I tried that and it did not help me. The moment i enable "SupressCitrixOcxEnabled=true", my IE browser stops detecting Citrix receiver during recording and prompts me for installation of citrix receiver. So for now, i am in a blocked situation with the multiple protocol mode. However, I have tried downgrading to receiver version 4.10 and used single protocol mode (Citrix ica) and did notice that i am able to click on "Ok"  on citrix server that allows me to login now . However, the citrix session closes soon after it and i am trying to find a way to fix that.  Please share if you have any inputs around this problem.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

can you try with SupressCitrixOcxEnabled=false and using the steps I outlined earlier?

0 Likes
ssuman Contributor.
Contributor.

When i do that, i am able to navigate with traffic generated until Citrix. I don't see any traffic once i am in citrix environment. Occasionally i do see "Network error - connection terminated by client/ server" in output log of LR...
0 Likes

Let's try to filter out some possible reasons causing the issues, maybe helps:
- please make sure to use Citrix Receiver 4.7, 4.9, or 4.9 with Cumulative Update. Citrix Workspace is not supported
- please make sure - if you reach to this step - when Citrix Receiver starts, it is the ICA client (wfica32.exe) and not the Desktop Viewer (CDViewer.exe).

Thanks,
Levente.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.