Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Joyrock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading LR 9.5 to LR11

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade our LR from version 9.52 to LR 11. We are having some script recorded using HTTP/HTML protocol. So, I would like to know whether those will still work after upgrading to version 11 also?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdiKidron Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrading LR 9.5 to LR11

Jump to solution

Backward compatibility is one of the key elements LR R&D is maintaining between versions.

If you encounter issues with scripts which fail to run in a new version (and worked fine in an earlier version) - please open a support ticket and inform us.

Thanks,

Adi Kidron - LoadRunner R&D

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. DaveP_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Difficult to give a global answer. I have scripts that were recorded and used in 8.1, used through 9.0, 9.5 and now happy in 11.0 - these are web (HTTP/HTML) protocol. That doesn't mean that all such scripts will work but I would guess that most will.

0 Likes
Joyrock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot for posting.
0 Likes
AdiKidron Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Backward compatibility is one of the key elements LR R&D is maintaining between versions.

If you encounter issues with scripts which fail to run in a new version (and worked fine in an earlier version) - please open a support ticket and inform us.

Thanks,

Adi Kidron - LoadRunner R&D

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.