Highlighted
ManojThota1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Urgent Truclient chrome instance is opening in Incognito mode but my application will not work incog

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Need urgent help,

Truclient chrome instance is opening in incognito window but my application will not work incognito window.

Could you please let me know how to put the default mode to normal mode in chrome/firefox because my application will work only in normal mode.

Regards,

Manoj Thota

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Edo Nir Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Urgent Truclient chrome instance is opening in Incognito mode but my application will not work i

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj Thota,

Some browser features behave differently in privacy mode.

For example, IndexedDB cache mechanism is not implemented in Firefox private mode (see the bug for that in Mozilla).

From the error you mentioned, it seems this is related a similar browser issue.

As mentioned before, it is not possible to run TruClient in non-private mode.

Edo

0 Likes
8 Replies
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Urgent Truclient chrome instance is opening in Incognito mode but my application will not work i

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj

This is the default behaviour for a purpose so as it will not remember previous sessions and treat every recording as a "blank slate"

that being said - you can mark the RTS to not treat each iteration as new user, and that may help you in some way.

I would not try to modify this as this is not a default behaviour for the product.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello AvniLior,
Thanks for your response
In Truclient web protocol while recording the web application with google chrome/firefox instances is opening in incognito mode.

But the issue is my application will not work in incognito mode of google chrome/firefox instances.

So in order to proceed with Truclient protocol i need to change the default recording instances of google chrome/firefox from incognito mode to normal mode.

Could you please suggest to proceed ASAP.

Regards,
Manoj Thota
0 Likes
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Manoj
I suggest you record in incognito but run the script with the run time setting i mentioned.
Changing the launch method of the browser is not something I would attempt as it will modify the behaviour of the application and you will encounter many other issues that may arise from this modification.
If your application does not work in incognito, either try IE or record the transport layer with web (http/html) protocol.
Hope this helps
Lior
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello AvniLior,

I am not able to record the application with Truclient web protocol in incognito mode because the application functionality is not working in incognito mode.

I have tried with web http/html protocol but the application is generating nearly 1200 plus dynamic values from the server with json format.

So i have only one option to record the web application with Truclient normal mode of google/chrome instances.

Regards,
Manoj Thota
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj Thota,

As Lior indicated, TruClient runs the browser in Incognito/Privacy mode to allow separation of Vusers during a load test.

This cannot be disabled or changed.

Perhaps you can elaborate on why your application is not working in these modes, so we can try to find a workaround.

Edo

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello Edo,

While opening the application with incognito/private mode when user login to the application it is not able to generate the data from server and it got stuck during login login only but this is working fine in normal mode of chrome/firefox instances.

Throwing an error f12 network "failed to generate the cache" in incognito mode

Regards,
Manoj Thota
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj Thota,

Some browser features behave differently in privacy mode.

For example, IndexedDB cache mechanism is not implemented in Firefox private mode (see the bug for that in Mozilla).

From the error you mentioned, it seems this is related a similar browser issue.

As mentioned before, it is not possible to run TruClient in non-private mode.

Edo

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much LIor and Edo for your responses.

Regards,

Manoj Thota

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.