Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Jonathan12345 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using truclient with SAP webdynpro application

Hi, all

I am having problems with the LR12.0 TruClient. The replay does not work on any SAP webdynpro pop-ups. In SAP terminology, they are iframes. I have been playing around with the javascript evalxpath option without success so far. Here is the evalxpath I changed:

evalXPath("(/html/body/iframe[2])[2]");

I only change the iframe argument [2][2] to something different. However, LR did not successfully click the button I wanted. Here is what the screen look like:

The cursor points to the button I want to click. Any idea how to select icons or buttons inside the SAP iframe?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Using truclient with SAP webdynpro application

Try to record using SAP GUI

1-When the popup appears, open the SAP SPY.

2. Click and drag the crosshair besides SPY and place it on the OK button of the PowerWE Warning Popup window.

4. In the SAP SPY window, the property and value of the OK button will be displayed. The property name will be something like button name. Make a note of the value.

4. In the script window, go to the line/function which is generating this popup.

5. Write the following functions:

sapgui_select_active_window("wnd[1]");

sapgui_send_vkey("0", LAST);  or sapgui_send_vkey("<button value>", LAST);

SAP SPY GUI comes with loadrunner install and used to identify objects of SAP GUI

Cheers ,

Hamed

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi, Hamed

Thank you for your response. But this is a web based SAP app using webdynrpo ABAP technology. It is not SAPGUI based. Any other idea?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

While playing around with the LR, it is actually doing a pretty good job locating the button in the SAP app. That menas, when I click on the highlight, most of the time LR is able to locate that button even with the automatic method. However, actions like click, double click, shift click, etc fails to do anything on that button.

I am not sure if there is anything we can do to force a click to happen.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
Established Member.. JürgenHe
Established Member..

Hi,

is there any obstacesl beside the many correlations rules for the scritpting that you don't use WEB/HTML protocol?

Best Regards,

Jürgen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Hi, Jürgen

The web/html option does work although I have to do a huge amount of correlations. On top of that, I have only finished 3 scripts so far and already written 2 C programs for the correlation. Sure, I am new to LR and I don't find it very user friendly.

Since the functional team will take over the test script creation and none of them has used LR before, TruClient is probably the best option. TruClient doesn't require correlation if it actually works. I am hoping if someone can share his experience on the forum if they can get it to work with SAP.

By the way, does going to LR training help with the SAP test scripts? From what I heard, the SAP webdynpro apps are quite different from the other web applications.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.