Valued Contributor.. Ilaria Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Using web_stream functions in analisys.

Hi,

using the web_stream functions, if I run the script one time it works fine, if I run the script in two iterations I have this error, also if I run the scenario on the Controller, I have this error: "Error -26308: Another streaming with the same ID “1” has already been registered. Please set a new ID not registered.".

I tried to change my Web - HTTP/HTML script as follows:

"lr_start_transaction("BP03_Stream");
web_stream_open("ID={StreamId}", "URL=http://{PlayList_Cor}Rilancio750/playlist.m3u8", "Protocol=HLS", LAST);
web_stream_play("ID={StreamId}", "PlayingDuration=70", LAST);
web_stream_stop("ID={StreamId}", LAST);
web_stream_close("ID={StreamId}", LAST);
lr_end_transaction("BP03_Stream", LR_AUTO);"

Where {StreamId} is an Iteration number, and In this case it seems that works fine, but at the end of the scenario, in Analysis, it collate some “Transaction” that I haven’t declared (see screnshot attached., there I think the number before BUFFERING, DOWNLOAD and PLAY is divided by StreamID) is divided by iteration instead I need that the Analysis give me only the information of the transaction that I have declared in the script.

Also, for large ammount of Vusers often the analisys crash for the large number of transaction that create and must collate a very important RowData.

How can resolve this?

ThankYou in advance.

Ilaria

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
DagoDM
Member.

Re: Using web_stream functions in analisys.

According to the function reference, this function doesn't allow parametrization of any of its arguments. What is the purpose of parametrizing the ID? Do you want to separate results for each iteration? Why don't you change the transaction name for each iteration instead?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Ilaria Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi DagoDm, the problem is exactly the cotrario:

if I don't parametrize the "StreamID" it don't works fine on the scenario, If I parametrize it, it works fine but it creates one transaction of each "StreamID", and so I can have thousand different transactions in the Analysis.

Instead I want a cumulative Transaction for the web_stream function.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

When I look to your code I see that you stream a static stream. So I think that you can put the web_stream_open() and web_stream_close() in your vuser_init() / vuser_end() functions.

During each iteration your just start with a web_stream_seek() to the beginning of the stream.

I would expect that a web_stream_close() should remove the registration of the stream and that you should be able to reuse the number again though.

There is an option to prevent auto generation of transactions of each step; check if this is off: 'Runtime Settings' -> General -> Miscellaneous -> 'Automatic Transactions' -> 'Define each step as a transaction'

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.