Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

VUGen RDP recording

I'm trying to record a script for rdp protocol but rdp connection fails to connect to gateway server while I'm recording with VUGen.

The strage thing is that the rdp connection succeeds to connect without Vugen recoding at the same machine.

I'm using LR VUGEN V12.55 on windows 10.

Error message is 

"Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server. contact your network administrator for assistance."

Urgent help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VUGen RDP recording

Hi

See the advice given in this community post.

Hope this helps,

Lior

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Lior,

Thank you for your reply.

But I'm still have the same issue after I applied all as the guidance in the link you shared.

I think it's because this rdp connection have to go through the remote desktop gateway.

Doesn't LR support remote desktop gateway in rdp protocol?

Is there any workaround to record a script when we use a remote desktop gateway in RDP connection?

Best Regards,

BoHee.

0 Likes
Maggie_Chen Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi BoHee,

We have limitation on win10 and win server 2016, you could try to perform the following procedure on the server:

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor by typing "gpedit.msc" into either a Run prompt or the Start menu.
  2. In the Local Group Policy Editor,gp select Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Security.
  3. Enable "Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections" and set the security layer to "SSL (TLS 1.0)." If you are testing a non-SSL connection, set the security layer to Negotiate.

Thanks,

Maggie

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.