Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
wikeegan
Visitor.

Vugen MQTT SSL

I've been trying to create an MQTT script that requires a TLS connection. First, I was surprised that it only supported client certificates, with seemingly no support for dual SSL.

My issue now is after a lot of debugging as to why my connection wasn't working (seems I had to password protect my key file, MQTT_NONE didn't appear to work), I have now been able to connect using the Design Script interface. However, once I generate the code, the connection is no longer successful. There appears to be no logging information and the output simply hangs at the connecting stage. I posted code below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

client0= mqtt_create();

mqtt_set_client_id(client0, "Billy");

/* SSL/TLS settings */
    mqtt_set_tls_certificate(client0, "client.crt", "client.encrypted.key", lr_unmask("5dc1ae1404cff78e22db"));
    //mqtt_set_tls_parameters(client0, MQTT_TLS12, MQTT_DEFAULT_CIPHERS);

mqtt_connect(client0, "ssl://X.X.X.X:8883");

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Regular Contributor.. tpnichols Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: Vugen MQTT SSL

Do you mean 2-Way TLS? Where the client has to send its certificate as part of its response in the TLS handshake?

I had good progress by having Wireshark running in the background while I was developing a script which uses TLS. I don't have direct experience in your situation, but I know LR has historically had problems referencing its own information out of the Hive in the Registry regarding the certificate files such that it was just flat wrong.

HKCU\Software\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\Protocols\WPlus\Servers\<yourserver> and you can see whether your data files are where LR has told itself they are.

I'm assuming you're not in a US Govt situation where you can't normally export the key of the certificate you're using.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.