Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Contributor.. Dieu-Ai Contributor..
Contributor..

Vugen: do PasswordEncoder.exe, vugen_crypt_encrypt() support AES 256 bit encryption?

Hi,

In  the HP Vugen 12.53 function reference document mentions that "Vugen uses 32 bit encryption"

Do the  following methods support AES 256 bit encryption?

- PasswordEncoder.exe

- PasswordEncoderConsole..exe

_ vugen_crypt_encrypt()

Does vugen support encryption in the AES 256 standard?  If yes, please show me how.  This is my company requirement to encrypt any password with AES 256 bit standard.

Thanks for your support.

Dieu-Ai

0 Likes
1 Reply
JorgeDuran-PCLR Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Vugen: do PasswordEncoder.exe, vugen_crypt_encrypt() support AES 256 bit encryption?

Hello, 

Regarding your question,

You could try the following: 

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HPE/LoadRunner/help/function_reference/FuncRef.htm#FuncRef/web/lrFR_web_set_sockets_option.htm%3FTocPath%3DWeb%2520Vuser%2520Functions%2520(WEB)%7CAlphabetical%2520List%2520of%2520Web%2520Vuser%2520Functions%7C_____64

That in order to know the ciphers that you could use. 

On the other hand,

I want to recommend if it's possible create a ticket with us, in order to help you better on this requirement. 

Regards, 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.