Highlighted
DimasRahadian Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[Webtours] about dynamic pages

Dear All,

First of all i'm just starting over with load testing activity. And are begin to learn loadrunner using provided pdf tutorial for WebTours Application.

I have completed the course for VuGen only. I have couple of questions for you experts here 🙂

Now, I have example code below (taken directly from webtours generated codes inside LR)

web_submit_form("login.pl,
  "snapshot=t2.tif",
  ITEMDATA,
  "name=username", "value=Jojo", ENDITEM,
  "name=password", "value=Bean", ENDITEM
  "name=login.x", "value=18", ENDITEM
  "name=login.y", "value=9", ENDITEM
  LAST);

1. About the recording method, what is the language created in the loadrunner code window?

2. From where loadrunner gets the objects values upon submitting data for a form? In this case, the code above mentioned value=18. What does it mean and where LR get these values?

3. i have tried to use parameterization in the LR, for the webtours case i use parameterization in the ticket class section (name=seattype). Unlike using parameter on seating position (mentioned in the tutorial which is seatpref), this will return an error. (form next screen not found)

After trying to analyse i assume the error came from different screen component (price value) returned after submitting a flight booking with different ticket class / departure-arrivals thus result in different price. its kind of LR hardcoded it post recording that the price needs to be 'x' otherwise it is an exception.

how to work on this? related to question 2 also,  im suspecting that if i change the ticket price.. different values must be "readjusted" to something else in the code (that are valid values within the web itself).

Any explanation would greatly appreciated 🙂

Best Regards,

Dimas

Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.