Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Established Member.. JohnTRV
Established Member..

What is HP's recommendation on how to performance test virtualized apps on container?

We want to test client applications that are hosted on virtualized app containers.  Does anyone know if HP have any recommendation on how to performance test virtualized apps this way?  Appreciate your help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
AvniLior Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: What is HP's recommendation on how to performance test virtualized apps on container?

Hi
Interesting question. I don't think it should be different than a regular application. It is still dependent on the resources of the hosting server. My recomendtion, treat this as any application load test.
Good luck,
Lior
0 Likes
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: What is HP's recommendation on how to performance test virtualized apps on container?

Hi,

On top of the regular test planning aspects I suggest covering also scenarios that require the platform to excersize the elastic aspects: scale out/in, burst load, noise as a result of other appliactions that are sharing the same infrasturcture, etc...

I suggest using SiteScope for monitoring. Here are a couple of reference links. 

For noise generation you can check this blog post. The capability exists also in Performance Center. This is just one aspect of "noise", you can mimic more using other methods (e.g. CPU stress)

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Jim Hazen Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Shlomi,

When I try to go to the linked pages I get the following:

Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Are there updated links for these references?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shlomi Nissim Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jim,

It seems like the blog posts I shared earlier were archived in order to prevent HPE brand violation. We will do our best to re-write them in order to make them Micro Focus compatible.

Meanwhile you can use this link: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SiteScope:11.41/Use/MR_dynamic_docker

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.