Regular Contributor.. Howard-1 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

What to include in a Transaction ?

Web-HTTP/HTML protocol

Since this protocal sees and records all request separatly...I have consultants who are saying the following below since this content is being cached for us by Akamai...my feeling is this is still part of the end users experence regardless of where it comes from and should be part of the transaction measurement.

Is it right to exclude these Non HTML resourse requests?  To me it is just a way to make sure the page loads fast for them while performance testing.

"Only those requests which are critical to the action have been included inside the transaction. 

Requests which are related  to the NON HTML resources getting downloaded like jsp/css and redirection are not included in transactions."

0 Likes
1 Reply
johan12315 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: What to include in a Transaction ?

Hello Howar-1

Regarding to your concern let me tell you that depends of the scenario that you want to emulate. If the real users access to the application constantly all the Non-Html will not download because it will stay on the cache memory, the recomendation is not download it, to recreate a nearly real experience on vusers and real users.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.