Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. CR Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

failed - Communication error with the coded server:Error: websocket error

I'm performing an execution using the controller (TruClient) : I have a bunch of scripts (which are  identical, the oly difference are params ) I select several VMs for instance :

SCRIPT_1  10 Vusers  (3 Vusers on VM_1, 4 Vusers on VM_2, 3 Vusers on VM_3)

SCRIPT_2  8 Vusers (2 Vusers on VM_1, 6 Vusers on VM_3)

SCRIPT_3 16 Vusers (10 Vusers on VM_1, 4 Vusers on VM_2, 2 Vusers on VM_3)

SCRIPT_4  3 Vusers (1 Vusers on VM_1, 1 Vusers on VM_2, 1 Vusers on VM_3)

Let’s suppose I run a test for 2 hours :

All Vusers running SCRIPT_1 go to the end correctly

All Vusers running SCRIPT_4 go to the end correctly

SCRIPT_2:  Vusers belonging to VM_1 go to the end correctly whereas 6 Vusers VM_3 stop after 1h of execution t=01803936ms: Error -205177: ** 1: Run Coded script "CodedActions\\Action.js" ** failed - Communication error with the coded server:Error: websocket error

SCRIPT_3: Vusers belonging to VM_2 and VM_3 go to the end correctly whereas 10 Vusers VM_1 stop after only 40 min of execution t=01803936ms: Error -205177: ** 1: Run Coded script "CodedActions\\Action.js" ** failed - Communication error with the coded server:Error: websocket error

I’ve done the test many times changing number of Vusers-VM per script. ANd I got the error at the same point in time.  It seems that there’s a correlation between number of the same script run on a single machine: the more Vusers having the same script on a single machine you have the earlier the script fails.

Any advice would be helpful

thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: failed - Communication error with the coded server:Error: websocket error

You state "the more Vusers having the same script on a single machine you have the earlier the script fails." Do you also patterns in response times?

This points in the direction of system resource exhaustion. Try to monitor the servers closely (or setup Windows Performance Monitoring). Look to cpu, memory, network, network connections etc.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

When  you say servers do you mean the server I'm tryng to load or the virtual machines running the script? If you mean the server it works fine. If i run 2 scripts on 2 VMs (50%- 50%) it gets to the end. if I use the same amount of Vusers but script1 on VM 1 and Script 2 on VM 2 it gets stuck. As far as I understood from my test the first config set 4 websockets 2 on Vm1 and 2 on VM 2 whereas the second 2 Websocket 1 on VM1 and 1 on VM 2

I've tried several configuration:

1) I kept same number of Vusers on a single machine,  I've took out mesurements on response time from the script---> same result: stuck at the same point in time

2) I kept same number of Vusers on a single machine, I've took out mesurements on response time and logs from the script ---> same result at the same point in time

3) I kept same number of Vusers on a single machine, I've took out mesurements on response time and logs from the script and I cut off part of script and keeping the same pacing:  ---> I get the same result as before but it fails after a long period of time

4) I kept same number of Vusers on a single machine, I've took out mesurements on response time and logs from the script and I cut off part of script but keeping the same pacing:  ---> I get the same result as before but it fails after a longer period of time (i.e. if before was after 40 minutes now it's 1h 20 minutes)

5) I kept same number of Vusers on a single machine, I've took out mesurements on response time and logs from the script and I cut off part of script and double the pacing:  ---> I get the same result as before but it fails after a longer period of time (i.e. if before was after 40 minutes, then was after 1h 20 minutes now it's 1h 40 minutes)

It seems it is related to the size of script or memory used . I've also tried to set to null Objects to free memory but I don't use global variables so it did'nt work out.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

I've made some further tests : I've create a simple script which reproduce the issue I have.

Beginning of the script  10 vusers (firefox processes) on one Virtual machine beginning.png

after some time still 10 vusers (firefox processes)  and node.exe gets to 1GB

ongoing.png

In the end node.exe gets too big and it is killed. As a result of that  the controller has the following error

end.png

Since the node.exe is triggered by the execution. Is it a problem of bad configuration if so , how to? or is it a memory issue?

Thanks

Christian

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I never looked to the memory size of Nodejs.exe during tests. You might run into an issue that should be reported to MicroFocus. You might try to disable all tracing/logging during your test and see how Nodejs behaves.

I would suggest to monitor nodejs over time (Use e.g.process explorer of www.sysinternals.com, you can view performance details per process) and see how large it grows with one script, 2 scripts etc.

In respect to your testing you have to carefully design your VMs and be sure that you have enough CPU and Memory capacity on the VM-host available AND make sure that resources are not overcommitted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.